It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CRJZS0383E The "rtc_sample" bundle could not be resolved.

Avinash Bamane (20115) | asked Jul 29 '15, 1:36 a.m.
Hello,
I am trying to develop sample plugin. I am using following plugins under 'Dependencies'
com.ibm.team.process.service
com.ibm.team.workitem.common
com.ibm.team. workitem.service
com.ibm.team.process.common
com.ibm.team.repository.common 
com.ibm.team.repository.service

When I deployed plugin on server with these plugins as a dependencies, its working fine. But when I tried to add,
com.ibm.team.repository.client and com.ibm.team.workitem.client plugins and deployed it on local server then I received error like 'CRJZS0383E The "rtc_sample" bundle could not be resolved.' If I delete these 2 plugins and reinstall it again, it will work.

In both cases I am following the same procedure to deploy plugin.

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 29 '15, 3:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 29 '15, 3:11 a.m.
If you can't provide any more details about what a sample that is and some more details if it is a server or a client plugin, there is few we will be able to do.

com.ibm.team.repository.client
com.ibm.team.workitem.client

are client side API and not available in the server side API. They can not be used in server side plugins you have to use com.ibm.*.common packages instead. This is all that comes into mind with the limited information given.

Avinash Bamane selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Avinash Bamane commented Jul 29 '15, 3:29 a.m.

Hello Ralph,
Its a server side api. I want to access values of my custom attributes in api. These custom attributes are of type Category and Cotributor. I used this link(https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/) for my understanding and tried to use same code as explained. So, I added com.ibm.team.repository.client and com.ibm.team.workitem.client under dependencies.

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 29 '15, 3:36 a.m. | edited Jul 29 '15, 3:37 a.m.

As the blog tile clearly lays out, that post is using Client API. Client API can only be used in Eclipse and Plain Java Client automation.

You can access all the attributes using server side API as well by using the API in

com.ibm.team.repository.common
com.ibm.team.workitem.common
or
com.ibm.team.repository.service
com.ibm.team.workitem.service

You can not use the client package in any server plug in though.

Search my blog for IContributor and look at the server APi examples i.e. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/?s=icontributor
You can also retrieve the ICategory handle and reslove that in the server API in a similar way.

Avinash Bamane commented Jul 29 '15, 6:40 a.m.

Hello Ralph,
Thanks for the details. I read this blog and able to retrieve value for Contrbutor. But, for Category attribute I am still facing issues. I received 'AssertionFailedException' when I tried to resolve ICatogoryHandle in a similar way. Can you please guide in this?

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 29 '15, 8:43 a.m.

If you are not willing to provide more details on the code and the error, no one will be able to help. The forum is notoriously bad for remote debugging, especially if there is no data available.

Avinash Bamane commented Jul 29 '15, 12:41 p.m.

Hello Ralph,
Please find below code,
IContributorHandle l3Owner;
myattr = workItemCommon.findAttribute(workItem.getProjectArea(), "l3Owner", monitor);
                    l3Owner = (IContributorHandle) workItem.getValue(myattr);
                    //resolve L2 and L3 owner values rom custom attributes
                    IContributor l3OwnerDetails=workItemCommon.getAuditableCommon().resolveAuditable(l3Owner, ItemProfile.CONTRIBUTOR_DEFAULT, monitor);

Using above code I am able to retrieve all details for Contributor.

Avinash Bamane commented Jul 29 '15, 12:42 p.m.

Below, is the code which I tried for Category,
ICategoryHandle l3Sec1;
myattr = workItemCommon.findAttribute(workItem.getProjectArea(), "L3SecondaryGroup1", monitor);
                    l3Sec1 = (ICategoryHandle) workItem.getValue(myattr);
ICategory l3Sec1Details=(ICategory) workItemCommon.getAuditableCommon().resolveAuditable(l3Sec1,ItemProfile.CONTRIBUTOR_DEFAULT, monitor);

And I faced 'AssertionFailedException' for this. I guess, I am doing mistake in ItemProfile.CONTRIBUTOR_DEFAULT for Category.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I ddint provide code details previously. Due to limitation of characters,I am leaving 2 comments.

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 29 '15, 3:55 p.m.

An ICategoryHandle/ICategory is NOT an IContributor. Carefully read https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/understanding-and-using-the-rtc-java-client-api/ especially the part around casting. You have to be able to set up your environment for debuggng to be able to see, what is returned. Please note, you will get some [InterfaceName]impl you have to cast to InterfaceName - this framework uses EMF.

Avinash Bamane commented Jul 30 '15, 12:26 a.m.

Hello Ralph,
The post s about client API. I trying this in Server API. Will it be same for Contributor?
Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 30 '15, 2:01 a.m.

What I am basically saying is, that different types of attributes return different types of classes - in all Java API's - and if you have not set up to be capable of using the debugger you will basically get nowhere. Plus there is no way that we debug this in the forum.

An assertion failure can happen due to many different situations e.g. the lack of the attribute or a value as well. Usually the error provides more details in the stacktrace.

If you refer to the [InterfaceName]impl, yes, you want to cast to the interface and not the implementation classes.

Avinash Bamane commented Jul 30 '15, 7:29 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I am able to retrieve values.
Thanks!!

showing 5 of 10 show 5 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.