It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I edit module attributes from Module Editor - RM 5.0.2

Robert Huet (23112884) | asked Jul 28 '15, 12:00 p.m.
I've installed RM 5.0.2, but I seem to be unable to edit any of the module attributes from the Module Editor.  When I click the Edit button, the system will not display any of the edit controls for the attributes, and I just have to cancel.  I can only set the values from the Browse Artifacts View, by selecting the Edit Attributes context menu for that module.  I can, however, click on the "Selected Artifact" tab in the Module Editor and successfully edit the attributes of the selected artifact.

I've tried with both IE 9 and Chrome 44, and I've tried this on the JKE sample project's Use Case Module, so it's not a configuration issue.

I checked the logs, and I'm not getting any server errors.  Has anyone else ever encountered this?  Any tips on how to troubleshoot?
Thanks,
Robert

4 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jul 29 '15, 1:37 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '15, 1:38 a.m.
You can use Firebug or similar tools to monitor the network traffic and see if there is anything abnormal. There should be a POST, a HEAD and then a POST operation when you click on the "Edit" button.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 05 '15, 8:00 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you been playing with team area permissions? If so, it's possible that your module is in a folder (or is an artifact type) for which your userid does not have modify permissions.

If not, checking with the product support team is probably the fastest path to resolving this.

Comments
Robert Huet commented Aug 05 '15, 10:32 a.m.

Thanks, Daniel.  I have not touched any of the permissions.  I will check with the product support team.

permanent link
Robert Huet (23112884) | answered Aug 12 '15, 7:16 p.m.
 Ok, this appears to be a bug in 5.0.2.  I thought it was just a problem with my sandbox environment, but we have replicated in all test and production environments using all browsers.  It seems that anyone using modules in 5.0.2 should be aware of this problem.  This can be replicated with JKE Banking.

Anyway, we have opened a PMR.

permanent link
Robert Huet (23112884) | answered Aug 31 '15, 6:31 a.m.
 Fixed with iFix007.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.