It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG data migration demo - add new attribute

Norman Dignard (356696177) | asked Jul 02 '15, 12:31 p.m.

Did anyone catch the webinar today?  in the demo part, they added a new attribute and went on to state that even though  users could see the new attribute in a module view, they could not update it. They then went back to the project properties and added the attribute to the module ? or somrthing to that effect that then allowed user to update it.

I missed that step and want to test this out.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '15, 1:52 a.m.

What is the exact webinar? Was it conducted by IBM? Usually you should be able to find the video on Youtube.

Norman Dignard commented Jul 03 '15, 7:14 a.m.

it was the GoToWebinar - Data Migration from DOORS to DOORS NG from IBM. As it was just run yesterday, the demo reply is not there yet.

Norman Dignard commented Jul 03 '15, 7:16 a.m.

just got an email it was just posted to http://ibmfederal.us/DOORS-Enlightenment/

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jul 06 '15, 1:49 a.m.
Thank you for sharing the link. So that part confused you is between 44:00 and 45:00. The reason for the attribute not being able to show/change was that it had not been associated with an artifact type (the presenter missed this step unintentionally I believe). So I think you're all set now?
Norman Dignard selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Norman Dignard (356696177) | answered Jul 06 '15, 7:51 a.m.
yes. A replay clarified things a bit.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.