It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How much script load can RTC handle

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Jun 25 '15, 5:10 p.m.

I have been adding some customized script to RTC. Below is the count. Now my RTC work item takes more then 2 minutes to load, 2+ minutes to save. Is it because of the scripts that the performance has gone down?

How much customization does IBM claim that this tool can handle? Is there a way to measure the performance/load?

The java heap size is set to 6gb. Server RAM is 16GB.

Please let me know

Scripts:

·         Scripts for value calculation = 21

·         Default Values = 1

·         Value sets = 1

·         Conditional scripts = 79 (for e.g. making fields mandatory on state, or other attribute value etc)

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jun 26 '15, 12:41 a.m.
There may not be direct relationship between the number of custom scripts and the work item load/save time. I would suggest you investigate this as a general performance issue first. If you eventually identify the cause as the number of scripts, you may consider implementing the customization in Java (using advisors/extensions) rather than JavaScript.

Server side monitoring/tuning is not as easy as client side, so you can start with the client side. Firebug for Firefox or the Chrome built-in developer tool would be a better choice to start with.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.