It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I make a custom contributor attribute editable in the taskboard?

Martin McAuley (1721533) | asked Jun 25 '15, 5:47 a.m.
I have created a new Contributor attribute for the Task type, added it to the plan attributes and updated the taskboard display to show the new attribute. The new attribute is displaying as expected but unlike the other attributes displayed on the taskboard it cannot be edited in-situ e.g. unlike summary and owned-by etc, but only via the drop-down menu 'Edit Work Item'. (RTC 5.0.2)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 25 '15, 7:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know only a limited set of types is supported to be directly edited in the taskboard. For example enumerations and other types, where the information is readily available. You would have to open the work item to edit other attribute types.

If you think it is necessary, please created an enhancement request.

Comments
Martin McAuley commented Jun 25 '15, 7:33 a.m.

Thanks for the prompt reply - I was expecting the new attribute to be editable because it is of type Contributor just like the Owned-By field which is editable.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 25 '15, 7:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know how they do it, but it is often not that easy in the UI. I assume they did the ownerd by attribute, because it needs to be available in order to drag tasks around anyway. I am sure the they never planned for all possible attributes/types to be available.

It might as well be a defect. I don't know for sure, but I have seen in the past that assumptions like yours not necessarily always work, unfortunately. 8)

Martin McAuley commented Jun 25 '15, 7:55 a.m.

ok - thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.