It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to trigger a workitem-change email notification on demand?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked Jun 10 '15, 5:45 p.m.

Currently, if I create a work item, I get subscribed to it automatically. If I subscribe some other user, they will keep getting email notifications for each change happening to the work item.

Is there a way that, I don't subscribe someone to the work item, but I can trigger a email notification to some user whenever I want (on-demand)?

This effort is to reduce the number of email notifications a user keeps on getting if he is the owner of multiple work items

OR is subscribed to multiple work items.

Please let me know.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jun 10 '15, 10:35 p.m.
You may want to try with @user feature to notify the user.
Pravin Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pravin Patil commented Jun 17 '15, 8:45 p.m.

If we add a user by @, he will only receive the notification once and NOT for each change that happens to the work item, correct?

I tried it and it triggered the notification only once when I added @user and not when I made some changes to WI, just trying to be double sure.

Don Yang commented Jun 17 '15, 9:04 p.m.

yes, @user will notify the user only once when you intended to. it will not notify the user for other changes made to the WI if you do not use @user again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.