It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show all work item subscribers with the RTC email template?

Rich Padula (1111) | asked Jun 10 '15, 4:30 p.m.
Hi all,

We've been using RTC 5.0.x at my company since the beginning of the year.  I'm stumped on this question and haven't found it in the forum or in the help files.

Is it possible to modify the work item change email template to show all users who are subscribed to the work item?

A manager has asked me for this. His reasoning is: he'll see an interesting work item go by that he thinks one of his engineers should see.  Since the email does not use CC: to all subscribers (like Clearquest did before), the only way he can know for sure is to click the work item link, log in, and check the subscriber list for his intended people.

My thought was to modify the email body text to add the list of subscribers, but I'm not seeing it in the list of email template variable types.  Am I just missing it, or does it not exist? Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Rich

Comments
Rich Padula commented Jun 11 '15, 4:34 p.m.

Slight progress today. Saw in help that I could read custom attributes via get() with the workItem variable, so I tried ${workItem.get("internalSubscriptions")} to read the pre-defined work item attribute for subscribers. It returned something, but it was a list of stuff and no readable user names to be seen. So I'm still stuck.

Rich Padula commented Jun 11 '15, 4:36 p.m.

The list looked like this: com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorHandleImpl@21e321e3 (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID xLOdsCx8EeSgrqty8Us1gg], origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>), com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorHandleImpl@221e221e (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID _nV4hoHPfEeOEgucB2S-SQ], origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>), com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorHandleImpl@22502250 (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID nXSP0HPfEeOEgucB2S-SQ], origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>), com.ibm.team.repository.common.model.impl.ContributorHandleImpl@22b422b4 (stateId: <unset>, itemId: [UUID B4urAHPcEeOEgucB2S-SQ], origin: <unset>, immutable: <unset>)] 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.