It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I find the component corresponding to file/folder in a sandbox?

Mike Blake-Knox (835) | asked Jun 05 '15, 12:03 p.m.
edited Jun 09 '15, 9:42 a.m.

I'm trying to do some processing on each of components loaded in a sandbox. My approach is to iterate through the top level of Windows file system folders in the sandbox then use the component name to drive my processing logic. How can I obtain the component name for a specific file/folder in a sandbox?

For instance, if component appComponent is loaded in the sandbox at appSandbox/app, how can I find which component is associated with appSandbox/app? This would be easy if a Base Folder was always created when the component was loaded but unfortunately I can't make that assumption.

My original question was based on Lily Wang's suggestion (in an earlier question) of using the scm status subcommand. I accepted that answer then discovered that the scm status subcommand was deprecated and pointed that out in a comment to her answer. The suggested alternative is the scm show status command. I found that it didn't allow me to provide the name of top level folders and hence wasn't able to provide the component name. She asked to see my output which I intended to add into the comment. The forum wouldn't let me do that so  submitted it again as a new question.

Thanks

Mike

Here's the output I see:

The scm status subcommand gets the path you're interested in by using your current working directory.

E:\appSandbox\app>scm --show-uuid yes status --no-local-refresh
Password (mbxxxxkxxx @ https://jts1.tsysdev.net/ccm1/):
Workspace: (1000:_2Y9C8PXDEeSGz_LVb03HhA) "TCI_CTI_Dev_mbxxxxkxxx_wk" <-> (1001>
  Component: (1002:_7gaFR7w5EeSd3KYw5xOn4Q) "TCI_CTI_SF_comp"
    Baseline: (1003:_nlHXUrxAEeSd3KYw5xOn4Q) 2 "Snapshot for loading SF to Rele>

The show status subcommand doesn't appear to be sensitive to the working directory and doesn't allow the the top foldername to be specified in the -d argument. I see this:

E:\appSandbox\app>scm show status -d E:\appSandbox -N -v
Local file system is consistent.
Password (mblakeknox @ https://jts1.tsysdev.net/ccm1/):
Workspace: (1004) "TCI Framework_4.1_Dev_mbxxxxkxxx_wk" <-> (1005) "TCI Framewo>
  Component: (1006) "Framework_4.1_comp"
    Baseline: (1007) 18 "Snapshot for move to TCI Agile CM - 1/15"
Workspace: (1000) "TCI_CTI_Dev_mbxxxxkxxx_wk" <-> (1001) "TCI_CTI_Dev_Stream"  >
  Component: (1002) "TCI_CTI_SF_comp"
    Baseline: (1003) 2 "Snapshot for loading SF to Release Stream - Initial Loa>

Another possibility came to mind. Can the property get subcommand return the local full path property of a component. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with the name of the local full path property.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 09 '15, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure what the question is, really.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 09 '15, 7:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

He wants to use the RTC command line to determine the display name (and/or UUID) of the component for a given file/folder loaded at a specified location in a sandbox.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.