It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I deliver to multiple components in one changeset?

Bradley Lahr (62812) | asked Aug 11 '15, 10:21 a.m.
I have many components loaded in my workspace.  I'm making changes to all of them, and would like to deliver it as one single changeset.

How can I deliver to multiple components in one changeset?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 11 '15, 1:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
A change set belongs to exactly one component, so to make changes to multiple components, the system will automatically create a change set in each of the modified components, to capture the changes to that component.  To group change sets from multiple components into a single logical change, you would create a work item for that logical change, and associate all of the appropriate change sets (possibly from multiple components) with that work item.  To deliver that work item, the easiest approach is to just say "deliver all" in your Pending Changes view.  If you don't want to deliver everything, you would multiselect the change sets you do want to deliver, and then execute the deliver operation.

Bradley Lahr selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.