It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hello Jazz examle

Gilad Saadoun (3661) | asked Nov 11 '07, 5:49 a.m.
I follow all the instructions in: https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/hello-jazz/index.html

I am working on M3 and when I run the junit test i get the following error:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The service 'com.example.hellojazz.common.service.IHelloJazzService' is not remotely accessible.
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.validateServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:79)
at $Proxy8.sayHello(Unknown Source)
at com.example.hellojazz.client.internal.HelloJazzClientLibrary.sayHello(HelloJazzClientLibrary.java:65)
at com.example.hellojazz.client.tests.TestHelloJazz.testSayHello(TestHelloJazz.java:43)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:164)
at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:130)
at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:120)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:58)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:24)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethod(EclipseAppContainer.java:533)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:155)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)

7 answers

permanent link
Swathi Rao (5112) | answered Nov 12 '07, 10:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like your service is inaccessible. Refer to the article "Running and Debugging a Jazz server for component development" (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzServerRunAndDebug) for more information on running the server.

permanent link
Swathi Rao (5112) | answered Nov 12 '07, 10:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It looks like your service is inaccessible. Refer to the article "Running and Debugging a Jazz server for component development" (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzServerRunAndDebug) for more information on running the server.

permanent link
Chris Daly (61651) | answered Nov 12 '07, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
giladsa wrote:
I follow all the instructions in:
https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/hello-jazz/index.html

I am working on M3 and when I run the junit test i get the following
error:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The service
'com.example.hellojazz.common.service.IHelloJazzService' is not
remotely accessible.

Hi,

I just downloaded the example code attached to HelloJazz and ran the
TestHelloJazz launch included and I could not reproduce this problem.

Did you start with the code download or are you building the example
step-by-step from the instructions?

If it's the latter note that there is a subsection called "Running the
Test" and later another subsection called "Running the Test, Again". In
the first one the test is expected to fail because the HelloJazz service
plug-in has not been created yet. The test should succeed by the time
you get to the "Running the Test, Again" subsection.

Chris

permanent link
Gilad Saadoun (3661) | answered Nov 13 '07, 9:36 a.m.
I download the code and run the example again and now i get this error:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:217)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:210)
at com.example.hellojazz.client.tests.TestHelloJazz.testSayHello(TestHelloJazz.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:58)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:24)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethod(EclipseAppContainer.java:533)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:155)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)

I assume that the problem is with the connection to the repository (I tried to work with the repositoryDB and with testDB that I created), because (IHelloJazzClientLibrary)repo.getClientLibrary(IHelloJazzClientLibrary.class) is null

Of course I read and followed the instructions at: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzServerRunAndDebug

permanent link
Chris Daly (61651) | answered Nov 13 '07, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
giladsa wrote:
I download the code and run the example again and now i get this
error:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
at junit.framework.Assert.fail(Assert.java:47)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:20)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:217)
at junit.framework.Assert.assertNotNull(Assert.java:210)
at
com.example.hellojazz.client.tests.TestHelloJazz.testSayHello(TestHelloJazz.java:49)

Have you changed TestHelloJazz.java? For me the line in testSayHello()
that calls repo.getClientLibrary(...) is line 40.

HelloJazz is set up to use the url "local:" (what we call
'local-mode'). Have you changed this to use a remote-mode url like
"http://localhost:9080/jazz" ? I tried running it in remote-mode (with
a Jetty server launch that includes the HelloJazz plugins) and it worked
for me.

I assume that the problem is with the connection to the repository (I
tried to work with the repositoryDB and with testDB that I created),
because
(IHelloJazzClientLibrary)repo.getClientLibrary(IHelloJazzClientLibrary.class)
is null

But one thing that seems to contradict this hypothesis is that the call
to login() seems to have worked. Near the end of login() are these two
lines:

repository.login(null);
assertTrue(repository.loggedIn());

I would expect that assert to fail if there was a problem with the
repository connection.

It looks like your client library is somehow not registered. One thing
you could try is to debug it and set a breakpoint in
ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry in the method handleExtensionAdded(). I
would set a breakpoint on this line:

String interfaceClassName = descriptor.getInterfaceClassName();

and look at the interfaceClassName as each extension gets processed.
You should see "com.example.hellojazz.client.IHelloJazzClientLibrary"
among the many client libraries that get registered. If you don't see
it than I wonder if you are hitting this breakpoint at all (is something
preventing the ClientLibraryFactoryRegistry from registering any client
libraries?) or perhaps just the IHelloJazzClientLibrary is missing (is
there a problem with the extension in the client plugin?)

If you do see the client library get registered then why would the call
to repo.getClientLibrary() return null? Is it somehow getting unregistered?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I think the best I can suggest is to
debug and try to answer some of these questions.

Chris

permanent link
Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | answered Jul 20 '09, 3:19 p.m.
Hi,

I am new to plugin development.I am trying to run hellojazz example in RTC2.0. I have setup the target platform and created two workspaces as described and I can see my server is running properly. But when I try to run the client, I get the following errors about plugin bundles. I checked the bundles and they are present in the given direcotry. Any help is appreciated.

Errors:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.

Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bundle "reference:file:/C:/Program Files/IBM/RTC2.0Client/jazz/client/eclipse/source/tests/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.update.configurator_3.2.201.R34x_v20080819.jar" has been uninstalled
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.checkValid(AbstractBundle.java:1228)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:262)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:257)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.startBundles(ConfigApplier.java:317)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.ConfigApplier.install(ConfigApplier.java:86)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.SimpleConfiguratorImpl.applyConfiguration(SimpleConfiguratorImpl.java:138)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.simpleconfigurator.Activator.start(Activator.java:48)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1009)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:984)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:355)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1074)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:616)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:299)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.launch(StartLevelManager.java:247)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundle.resume(SystemBundle.java:201)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:644)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.launch(OSGi.java:51)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:313)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:175)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1212)

========================================================

Error 2:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)

========================================================
Error 3:

Bundle initial@reference:file:plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator_1.0.0.v20080604.jar/ is not active.

permanent link
shashikant bangera (1621) | answered Nov 19 '09, 5:01 a.m.
Hi,
I am getting exception below in hello , some help is appreciated

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceNotAvailableException: CRJAZ0106I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.example.hellojazz.common.service.IHelloJazzService" was denied with a Not Available status.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceNotAvailableException: CRJAZ0106I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.example.hellojazz.common.service.IHelloJazzService" was denied with a Not Available status.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:315)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:561)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:531)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:471)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at $Proxy13.sayHello(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)
at $Proxy13.sayHello(Unknown Source)
at com.example.hellojazz.client.internal.HelloJazzClientLibrary.sayHello(HelloJazzClientLibrary.java:65)
at com.example.hellojazz.client.tests.TestHelloJazz.testSayHello(TestHelloJazz.java:49)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.RemotePluginTestRunner.main(RemotePluginTestRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.pde.internal.junit.runtime.CoreTestApplication.run(CoreTestApplication.java:23)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.callMethodWithException(EclipseAppContainer.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:195)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.