It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it time to add spam filtering

Keith Collyer (456511) | asked May 15 '15, 5:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 19 '15, 4:37 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Just deleted around thirty notifications from my email for spam posts on jazz.net. I hate to say it, but is it time to institute spam filtering for forum posts, questions, etc.?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Catherine Davis (713) | answered May 15 '15, 9:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Keith,

We are currently using https://akismet.com/ to track spammers.  When we see the spam, we report then ban and delete all posts.  Usually this helps us keep the spam down but it looks like we were bombarded last night.  I've reported all spammers so hopefully this keeps the garbage off the forum for awhile.

Catherine
Keith Collyer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Keith Collyer commented May 15 '15, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This morning was particularly bad, must have had over a hundred spam messages in all. Much worse than the handful per month we usually see. If their stats are representative for jazz.net, it seems that overall they are doing a pretty good job

Ralph Schoon commented May 15 '15, 1:24 p.m.

Catherine, the menu entry to report to akismet is gone and I don't think it is working any more. I reported that already several time - not a WI though - and the situation is not improving. I think it does not work anymore or something else went wrong. The Spam load is way too high the last few weeks.

Ralph Schoon commented May 15 '15, 1:27 p.m.

I have to correct myself, the menu entries to report posts are back there, after being gone a long time.

Ralph Schoon commented May 18 '15, 2:21 a.m.

I got an indication that Akismet integration is now working again and the spam seems to be dropping.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.