It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 Beta 2 - Adding a New Environment Type

Brian Lahaie (1081514) | asked Jun 09 '09, 1:38 a.m.
In RQM 2.0 Beta2, how can I add an environment type of "Device" to a test plan?

By default only the environment types of "Application Server", "Browsers", "CPU", "Database", OS, "ManagementAgent", and "TestAdapater" are available.

4 answers

permanent link
Wayne Ho (91) | answered Jun 09 '09, 10:07 a.m.
In RQM 2.0 Beta2, how can I add an environment type of "Device" to a test plan?

By default only the environment types of "Application Server", "Browsers", "CPU", "Database", OS, "ManagementAgent", and "TestAdapater" are available.

In RQM 2.0 Beta2, it is not yet possible to add environment types (you can add values to the existing types via the System Properties -> Lab Resource Properties.

We are planning to allow the ability to edit the environment types that can be added to the Test Plan and this is being tracked in Defect 13151.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Jun 09 '09, 10:22 a.m.
Thanks Wayne.

Am I able to access the Project Area for RQM, just as I am able to access the Project Area for Jazz and RTC?

Meaning, where can I go to view the defect?

And, is this planned for the 2.0 release?

permanent link
Dave Payne (81152) | answered Jun 11 '09, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Will it be possible to add values to existing environment types or new types via an XML import. We have alot of values not currently offered by RQM 2.0 environment types and would like to automate the input of these values.

Thanks
D

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (1081514) | answered Jul 29 '09, 8:57 p.m.
I just downloaded and installed RQM 2.0 Express.

How can I add an environment type of "Device" to a test plan in RQM 2.0?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.