It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does "attribute customization scripts" wrks for custom attributes?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked May 04 '15, 8:55 p.m.
edited May 05 '15, 1:07 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi,

Do Attribute customizations "script based customizations" work with custom attributes (for e.g. the enumeration that I define) or does it work only with default (the ones that come with RTC install like "Priority, severity" etc)?

Can you share a example of this working with custom enumeration, please?

3 answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered May 04 '15, 9:01 p.m.
 Yes.

This is a great article about attribute customizations in RTC https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 05 '15, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#API_for_Javascript

The three input arguments are always the same (except for Conditions which do not have an attributeId argument):
  • attributeId A string that represents the id of the attribute for which this customization has been set
  • workItem An instance of a work item for which this script is being executed. This supports the following operations:
    • getValue(String attributeId) returns the value of the attribute with the specified id.
If your attribute has the ID my.attribute , you have to pass getValue("my.attribute") to get the value.

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered May 07 '15, 7:26 p.m.
 What is the syntax for this scenario

IF RestrictedAccess field is "A-Department1" 
THEN
set Customer field value = "A" and Department field value = "Department1"

Or the following
IF Customer field value = "A" and Department field value = "Department1"
THEN
RestrictedAccess field drop down options are narrowed down to ...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.