It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Not Able to change the Status of ONLY a perticular defect in RTC

Tapas Das (613) | asked Apr 24 '15, 7:24 a.m.

Hi

I am not able to change the staus of a perticular Defect in RTC.

It is always in New state. whenever I am making any changes and updating the status . The changes are getting saved but the status is not. And i am facing this issue for a Perticular Defect

Kindly advice

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Apr 24 '15, 9:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tapas,

since the issue is seen only with specific project area, specific work item, it sounds like a configuration issue to me...

you may want to get one level deeper and review the work flow associated to the problematic work item type. 
creating a new work flow to troubleshoot the issue, wouldn't be a bad idea.. you can switch back to your workflow later..

if you share more details on the process configuration, a sample template itself (if possible) it may be easier to find the cause..

regards,
Dinesh

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Apr 24 '15, 10:18 a.m.

Also, someone should check the work flow bindings using the Eclipse RTC UI.  But usually if the binding is missing on a few work items, the status / resolution are not even modifiable. 

Still, not a bad idea to check, though.  

• Open the project area ( right click on project label in Team Artifacts )
  • Navigate to Process Configuration tab ( along the bottom of the new panel)
  • Expand the Work Items, under Types and Attributes select the work item type of the strange work item.
  • Find the "check work flow bindings" and click on it.   It will say things are ok or there are some number of work items and offer to show.
However, when I've experienced this, any modification to the work item will reset the work flow binding for that work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.