It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Re-registering a command line adapter for another project

Dave Payne (8152) | asked Jun 04 '09, 9:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've recently installed RQM 1.1.0.1 and setup a command line adapter on a linux machine for the default project "Quality Manager".
That is working fine.

However, now I want to use the command line adapter in my own project. When I try to re-register the command line adapter for the new project after removing the old adapter definitions and config files, I get error messages about saving the configuration file.

I did find a technote for this type of problem but it was for version RQM 1.0.1 and it didn't help.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=3579&context=SSMKVL&dc=DB560&dc=DB520&uid=swg21323217&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct3579rational

The adapter start command is
start.sh -repository https://<my>:9443/jazz -user ****** -password ******* -projectArea Test+RQM -adapter testAdapter

Error message is :-

Configuration file /home/rmqtester/RQMCommandLineAdapter/Config.ini does not exist, adapter will use the arguments passed
Successfully created an HTTP client
The adapter is now connected
Failed to save configuration file for the command line adapter
com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.AdapterException: Failed to retrieve adapter information
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.retrieveAdapterInformation(NewRequester.java:252)
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.register(NewRequester.java:216)
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.commandline.QMCommandLineAdapter.main(QMCommandLineAdapter.java:181)
Caused by: com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.AdapterException: The URL was malformed
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.getResponse(NewRequester.java:1147)
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.retrieveAdapterInformation(NewRequester.java:245)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: &lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23 - Error report&lt;/title&gt;&lt;style&gt;&lt;H1&gt;&lt;/style&gt; &lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;h1&gt;HTTP Status 406 - &lt;/h1&gt;&lt;HR&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>type</b> Status report&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>message</b> <u></u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;<b>description</b> <u>The resource identified by this request is only capable of generating responses with characteristics not acceptable according to the request &quot;accept&quot; headers ().</u>&lt;/p&gt;&lt;HR&gt;&lt;h3&gt;Apache Tomcat/5.5.23&lt;/h3&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;

at java.net.URL.&lt;init&gt;(URL.java:567)
at java.net.URL.&lt;init&gt;(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.&lt;init&gt;(URL.java:413)
at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library.data.NewRequester.getResponse(NewRequester.java:1140)
... 3 more
Created Command Line Adapter
Stored configuration is out of sync. Adapter is re-registering.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
D

2 answers

permanent link
Ashish Mathur (12175) | answered Jun 10 '09, 11:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

A quick question and then a suggestion.

Did you delete the adapter you had previously registered, from the server? If not, please delete and try to register again.

There was an issue with re-registering the adapter in 1.0.1.1 that has been subsequently fixed. Could you please try with an adapter ID (-adapter option) that is different from the one used before.

Please revert back with what you find.

Regards,
Ashish

permanent link
Dave Payne (8152) | answered Jun 11 '09, 9:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ashish,
Yes, I have already deleted the adapter and I have checked the database tables for any outstanding entries but there are none. I can re-register the adapter with a different ID into the default project but not into any other project.

Thanks
D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.