It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preconditions for delivering a changeset

Martin Keßler (334) | asked Apr 14 '15, 8:25 a.m.
Is there a way to perform a static code analysis with PMD & CheckStyle on the items contained in a changeset - and inhibt the delivery of the changeset if there are critical or major findings ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Surya Tripathi (65017) | answered Apr 14 '15, 7:12 p.m.
You will need to write a client side plug-in  for "preconditions". This plugin would somehow get the feed from static analysis and make the precondition fail for delivery operation when all the checks are not met. The article https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/PreconditionFollowupCreation provides information on how to write preconditions.
Martin Keßler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 15 '15, 8:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

We had a software analyzer that did this. There needs to be some information available that the client can access, or it would have to run an eval, like the JUnit precondition does.

Please also see https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/setting-up-rational-team-concert-for-api-development/ and the workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000

This precondition is likely to be a Client extension, that is only installed into the Eclipse client.

Martin Keßler commented Apr 28 '15, 3:20 a.m.

Hi Ralph, I set up the workshop and have my local jts running. On startup it says "Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 3388" and I can connect the Eclipse Debugger to it. But it does not stop on breakpoints, even with suspend=y. I noticed that the line numbers differ between runtime and source. When I look at the stacktrace of the "Active Services" call e.g. I see:
 com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ServerStatusRestService.getActiveServiceInfo(ServerStatusRestService.java:319)
But in the source, line number 319 does not correlate to this method at all.
So I suspect the server runtime and the source provided by the workshop are not the same version, or the server was not compiled with debug information.
Can you advise on this?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 28 '15, 3:25 a.m. | edited Apr 28 '15, 3:29 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The ServerStatusRestService is part of the SDK and not part of the workshop. It will always be the version you installed. If you have discrepancies, you failed to install and setup the SDK properly. E.g. set up Tomcat in a different version of the SDK is the only reason that comes into my mind how that could happen.

The workshop files themselves are pretty much version independent and have not changed since it was created. The images in the workshop might be showing older data, but I made sure it runs for the versions advertized.

Countless people have been able to follow the workshop. Follow it really accurately and you should be able to get it working.

Martin Keßler commented Apr 29 '15, 5:47 a.m.

well, looks like I downloaded the 4.0 web installer but the 4.0.6 SDK...
thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.