It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Version ID on repository files shown as "not applicable" after upgrade from 4.0.3 to 5.0.2

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Apr 14 '15, 6:53 a.m.
edited Apr 14 '15, 6:55 a.m.
Hi.

I have just performed a test upgrade from RTC 4.0.3 to 5.0.2.

One of the things I am validating is the use of the new feature in RTC 5.0.2 regarding displaying "Version ID" of files. I assumed when migrating, all files would be 'updated' and populated with this new value for this field.

Having switched the option on in my Eclipse preferences, I am not observing and version IDs in any of the displays. When performing a Show History, the Version ID column is showing "<not applicable>" However, when I update an existing file after migration, that new version gets a new Version ID. For example, with a file that has 1 version in the repository at the time of migration, it has a Version ID of <not applicable>. If I update it and check it in, that new version has a Version ID of 2 (so it seems to know there is a Version 1)

Can anyone tell me if this is expected behavior as part of a migration?
Thanks
David Dulling

One answer

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Apr 14 '15, 7:33 a.m.
I have the answer which I have to say I received from Rational Support...

Apparently you have to run a repotools command after the migration.

There is a full article on Jazz.net explaining how this new feature works: Assigning Version IDs in Rational Team Concert https://jazz.net/library/article/1418

Regards

David

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.