It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we limit/divide work hours to user within the project/Team in IBM RTC?

Salman Shaikh (23413875) | asked Apr 10 '15, 11:42 a.m.
edited Apr 10 '15, 1:21 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
I means to say that can i limit number of hours of a resource in a project area to 4 hour from 8 hours.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44351) | answered Apr 10 '15, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Each user can set their hours and team allocations in the User Editor on the "Work Environment" tab. If a user works 8 hours a day, but only 4 hours on a certain project, the user can allocate 50% of her time to the proper timeline in the project.

Hope that helps!

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Salman Shaikh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented Apr 11 '15, 7:40 p.m.

Please answer these 2 scenarios as well

1. If i want to limit the resource's hours within the team . Is it possible?

2. If the user is in two teams of Project, Lets suppose DEV and QA Team. If i have assigned 100% workload to user in Dev Team, Will it raise error if i assign more work to this user in other team?

Martha (Ruby) Andrews commented Apr 13 '15, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to limit the resource's hours within the team, you can change the overall allocation or change the hours the resource is working.

I do not know the answer to the second question. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of Planning will be able to answer. You may want to ask it again in a new post so that it shows up as unanswered.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz  Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 13 '15, 2:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

WRT question 2, you will not be able to assign a given user more than 100% of their time in a given repository.   But note that if a user has allocations in more than one repository, they will have to manually ensure they are not over-booked, since currently RTC only checks for overbooking within a single repository.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.