It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Manage and execute Database scripts in RTC

Rodrigo Campos (1037) | asked Mar 27 '15, 7:59 a.m.
edited Mar 27 '15, 8:13 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using RTC 4.0.4 to do some builds/deployments, but some of them require to execute DDL scripts, is it possible to do this Database integration with RTC?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Rodrigo Campos (1037) | answered Mar 30 '15, 8:31 a.m.
anyone has any ideas for this? please :(

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 8:35 a.m.

sure.. what kind of integration do you want?  you can run the DB DDL tool from a batch file or ant script.

when I use mysql and have RTC build on a linux server, its pretty easy.

Rodrigo Campos commented Mar 30 '15, 8:40 a.m.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply, so there's no built-in solution for Oracle databases right? Integration would be execute the DDL scripts on a Oracle database.

sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 8:53 a.m.

correct.. JBE runs one command.. YOU have to build what you need into that one command.

you could also use Jenkins as your build tool, and it runs a 'job'.
you can use the Jenkins plugins to construct a similar set of 'steps' , but fundamentally the same.

jenkins also can provide parallelization

Rodrigo Campos commented Mar 30 '15, 9:12 a.m.

Hi Sam,

Thanks again for the reply, unfortunately, we cannot use Jenkins or any other OpenSource tool, we would need to build and execute this ddl file through RTC + Windows machine.

Would be possible?

sam detweiler commented Mar 30 '15, 1:32 p.m.

sure.. I assume you use some script to execute the build.. you would add a step to that to do the database work. (call a sub script for example)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.