It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anyone use Adobe flash builder3 with RTC ? help needed

Steve Wittie (1175) | asked May 28 '09, 2:29 p.m.
Anyone out there using Adobe's FB3 product in RTC - please help.

I am using Adobe's new "Flash Builder 3" (FB3) product. There is an eclipse plugin for it, so I plugged it into my RTC eclipse client. Using the Flex perspective, I easily added a new flex project to Jazz source control.

When I run a build (flex build, not RTC engine) I get an error in the log that shows I'm not getting to the compiler.

FB3 plugs in it own compiler / sdk. But the flex project properties will not show the compiler properties when I click on it. Instead I get an error "displayed page contains an error".

When I use the Adobe provided eclipse client, there is are no problems and I build fine.

I compared all flex preferences and flex project properties between the Ratl provided eclipse (with flex plugged in) and Adobe's. They are identical (and use same sdk), except for the display error I mentioned, which means I can't compare compiler properties. And I can't get the build to run in RTC.

Could this be an eclipse version problem? RTC is based on eclipse 3.3.3, Adobe is based on 3.3.1.

Thx,
Steve Wittie, wittie@us.ibm.com

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.