It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC and Jenkins Integration: Can Multiple Jenkins Jobs be trigered

Aju Samuel Raju (362710) | asked Mar 02 '15, 2:30 a.m.
edited Mar 02 '15, 1:43 p.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
I have integrated RTC and Jenkins to trig my Jenkins job from RTC Client. I am able to trig the Jenkins job 1 using my build definition (Request Build option) from RTC Client. I have another Jenkins job 2, which needs to be triggered after Job 1 gets succeded. My questions here are, does RTC has an option to trig second build automatically by seeing the result of first build? Does RTC/CLM has any Command Line support for trigging the jobs covering the above scenario too? Can we select multiple builds and request/trig the selected builds parallel?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 02 '15, 2:10 p.m.

jenkins has all kinds of support for triggering jobs.

2 answers

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Apr 14 '15, 12:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no RTC option to trigger a second build.  Jenkins has support for chaining builds together, but it would be up to you to configure those chained project to contribute things back to RTC.  Note that once a RTC build result is completed it cannot be edited further.  So to sum up you can execute many builds in parallel from RTC to Jenkins, and those builds can trigger more builds in Jenkins from Jenkins, but more configuration is required to get those additional builds reported into RTC.

~Spencer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 14 '15, 1:07 p.m.

in Jenkins you can even wait for multiple parallel jobs to complete and then pick up where you left off in this job.. (ala join the workflow back together)

permanent link
Rafael Pirolla (1649) | answered Aug 06 '15, 2:02 p.m.
I have a similar issue.

I have built a script to request builds in atlassian bamboo. I intended to use the same build engine for all build definitions in RTC but as my script is synchronous and it waits for the build output to return, the build requests seems to wait to start another build.

Is there any way to make it spawn threads or something similar?

Thanks,
Rafael

Comments
sam detweiler commented Aug 06 '15, 2:25 p.m.

Only thing you can do is start more build engines that process that same build def to get horizontal scaling

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.