It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Received error trying to delete a link in the RTC web Client - RTC version 4.0.6

Nannette Mori (639) | asked Feb 05 '15, 11:18 a.m.
edited Feb 06 '15, 12:08 p.m.
I have a work item type of issue in the workitem I click on the "link"  it shows me that my workitem is "duplicate by" my other workitem. the person wanted to change the link direction from "duplicate by" to "duplicate of" between the workitems.  So when I try to delete the "duplicate by" link and add the "duplicate by" link and click on save I then get the following error "The server is not responding or a page navigation occurred before an operation completed.  It does not allow me to update the linkage in the workitem.   If I try to change the linkage in Eclipse client  in the Eclipse client on Linux and click on save I get java.lang.Null Pointer exception and the error" The Operation is not governed by a process" when I try to save the change to the workitem

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 06 '15, 5:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't understand the question. If you want a chance to get an answer, I would suggest to provide a better description.

Nannette Mori commented Feb 06 '15, 12:09 p.m.

I updated my description hopefully this helps.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 06 '15, 5:19 p.m.
Has the process in the project area been customized, or is one of the out-of-the-box process being used?   This might be something going wrong in some local process customization.   But you'll probably need to work with Rational Support to get this fixed.  One thing to experiment with is whether you can create and the delete another type of link from that work item.  (The "duplicate of" link of has some special processes associated with it, that connect that link with the "duplicate" state).

Comments
Nannette Mori commented Feb 06 '15, 6:17 p.m. | edited Feb 06 '15, 9:27 p.m.

Geoffrey,

I don't think there is any customization.  But a question I have could it be because the workitem that they want to change the linkage from duplicated by to duplicate of is in the resolved state. duplicate...?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 06 '15, 9:47 p.m.

These aren't issues I have seen before, but I would consider it a bug for you to get either of these messages if you are using an out-of-the-box process.  So unless someone else on the forum has an idea, your best bet is working with Rational Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.