It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Progress Bar for Epics and Story Work Items Removed?

Robert Carter (42928589) | asked Feb 04 '15, 2:39 p.m.
 I am using RTC 5.0.2.  I noticed on the Work Item Main Presentations for Epics and Stories The Progress Bar has been removed.  But if you run a query and do a rich hover you see the progress bar.  Anyone else see this behavior?

Comments
Yaron Norani commented Dec 27 '15, 4:37 a.m. | edited Dec 27 '15, 1:07 p.m.

Hi, I get same issue. Process is based on SCRUM and include local customization.

Progress bar exist in Eclipse, but not in Web client.
Did you find the solution?

Yaron

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Feb 05 '15, 2:10 a.m.
I did a quick check in my RTC 5.0.2. I could see the Progress Bar when open a story. I'm using the OOTM Scrum template.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '15, 2:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Same here.

Robert Carter commented Feb 05 '15, 7:14 a.m.

So I inspected my project areas and I noticed that in the presentation editors,
com.ibm.team.apt.editor.story and .epic.  The Progress UI element is there, but it is not attached to any attribute.  I reattached it to the 'work progress' attribute. And now it shows up when I view stories or epics.

However, I noticed that this is now default behavior.  Anytime I create a projectArea the editor presentations don't have the 'work progress' attribute linked to the Progress UI element.  This worked prior to our upgrade to 5.0.2.  So, for all new project area created I have to make this update after it is created.

Any ideas on where to look?  A way to dump the built-in process templates and inspect them for errors?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '15, 7:27 a.m.

You likely use a process template to create the project area. This might be broken. If you fix it in a project are and create a new template from that for further use, you should be done.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 05 '15, 7:30 a.m.

You can also test on a test server, if you can delete the current built in templates and redeploy them.

It is also a good practice, to create your own process template (from a built-in template) with its own ID and use that, instead of the built in templates.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.