It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Approval tracking combined with Preconditions & Folllow-up Actions issues

Jochen Staack (551120) | asked Feb 02 '15, 7:58 a.m.
Hi,

my RQM project area has the predefined role "test team member".

I want to achieve the following situation:
A "test team member" is not allowed to save a test case with a state "approved".
But a "test team member" can be an approver/reviewer in the formal review section of a test case.
His review/approval shall trigger a state transition from "under review" to "approved".

I made the following additions to the standard template "Quality Management Default Process".

I added two identical approval tracking workflows for review and approval:

The for the role "test team member" there are two special preconditions set:

Now the following issues occured:
  1. If the review state is changed to reviewed and the "test team member" hits the save button, RQM says that the member is not allowed to save a test case with the result approved. But the result is, that the review is saved as reviewed and the state changed to approved. So far so gut, if we could get rid of the warning, that the member is not allowed to save the test case, everything would be fine. All this is only working, if the e-sig is not configured to be mandatory  for reviews.
  2. if the member triggers the action "approve" and hits the save button, the test case is also stating, that the "test team member" is not allowed to save a test case with state approved. But it seems that the RQM is still changing the state to approved, also saving this update of the test case.
  3. The dialogue of the mandatory e-sig, set to "require a comment", is not showing up in case of 1. if the project is configured for e-sig reviews and the review state transition from pending to review is not possible, because the dialogue is not showing up where you could enter a comment, which is set as required :-)

I have the suspicion, that the setup of my role rights are creating a conflict with the approval workflow action. But somehow, if I want to achieve what I wrote at the beginning, I do not see another possible set of roles/permissions/...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jochen

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Feb 02 '15, 8:15 a.m.

All my pics are gone!
Thats the review tracking approval config:

Under Review         Reviewed          Approve         Approved

2 answers

permanent link
Antonio Napoles (2861) | answered Feb 12 '15, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jochen,

I guess points 1 and 2 are working as expected. Any user is allowed to modify her approvals and reviews even when the artifact is in read only; unless you add the formal review precondition: "Disallow Modifications to Formal Review of Approved Artifacts" to prevent this. You could also use the archive approval groups button in formal review section to avoid further modifications on them. The warning dialog is cleared to show success on the next user action (which is in this case the approval), but refreshing the artifact will show again the warning.

Point 3 seems to be a defect, I have risen: Users cannot  approve a record if eSign is required and approval tracking is configures (133237) in order to handle it.

P.D, Please let me know which CLM version you're using. I reproduced issue in last version.

regards,
       Napoles

permanent link
Jochen Staack (551120) | answered Feb 13 '15, 2:29 a.m.
Hi Napoles,

I think my description of the use case is not really very good.

Here is an update (in bold) of point 1:
If the review state is changed to reviewed and the "test team member" hits the save button, RQM says that the member is not allowed to save a test case with the state approved (which is basically correct, because a Test Team Member is not allowed to save a test case in state approved). But independently of this warning the result is, that the review state is saved as reviewed and the test case state changed to approved. So far so gut, if we could get rid of the warning, that the test team member is not allowed to save the test case, everything would be fine. All this is only working, if the e-sig is not configured to be mandatory  for reviews.

Point 2 update:
This is definitely not working as intended! The test team member role does not have the right to save the test case in state approved! The upcoming error message when trying to save the test case is correct BUT the test case is nevertheless saved in state approved! I think that's a bug!

My configuration:
RQM 5.0.1 Build I20140807_0536
Template: Quality Management Default Process

Regards
Jochen

What is the expected behaviour?
The workflow defined for reviews (that a finished review triggers a state change of the test case from under review to approved) should work independently from the logged in user's role (as this automatic workflow is exactly there to cover the use case, that the user is NOT having the right, to change to test case's state directly to approved). In my eyes there is no need for a warning!

Comments
Jochen Staack commented Feb 13 '15, 2:31 a.m.

Oops, the expected behaviour section is referring to point 1 update!
It somehow jumped to the end of the post!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.