It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customized attribute (enumeration) not visible in the Editor

abdoul thomas (826) | asked Jan 28 '15, 3:21 a.m.

Hello,

I'm customizing attribute in RTC Project (Scrum). I create a new enumeration an a related attribute. When i add the attribute in the editor i don't see it.... Is there any specific action to do ?

An other question, when i create a new attribute and i delete it after , it's not possible to create the same attribute with the same ID althought it was deleted before... is it normal?

Thanks,

Thomas

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Jan 28 '15, 11:35 a.m.

Just a question - did you also add the editor presentation for the attribute? Without it, you won't see the attribute in the editor.

3 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Jan 29 '15, 12:14 a.m.
What version of RTC are you using?
If you create a new enumeration and add the attribute to editor, you should be able to see it in the new workitem(unless you assign the default value as Unassigned and you have hideifEmpty = true property set).
If you are talking about those existing workitems(before you created the new enumeration attribute), you won't see them until you run Synchronize attribute in Eclipse client.

If you have a new attribute and saved it and then delete it, then you cannot use the same id to create a new one because the deleted attribute is actually archived and can be restored hence the same id can not be duplicated.

Comments
abdoul thomas commented Feb 02 '15, 3:04 a.m.

Thank you,

How could I restored an attribute? Is ti possible to change the attribute's type?

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '15, 3:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would like to suggest to read: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

You could only restore an attribute, if you get the process XML change that was removed, I think.
You can not change an attribute type, as the type describes the storage method in the database.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 02 '15, 3:26 a.m.

You also want to go through https://jazz.net/library/article/1002 and the other links available at the bottom of article mentioned above.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k1134138) | answered Jan 29 '15, 7:19 a.m.
You should see it show up in net new work items. but you may have to refresh your browser first.  If you're expecting it to show up in existing work items, then you need to do a backfill (synchronization of attributes) to existing records, by running a query of the affected records, highlight them all and select from the floating menu "synchronize attributes"

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 29 '15, 7:31 a.m.

This is also performed if you - in the Work Items>Types And Attributes customization section of RTC (where you add custom attributes) hit the  "Check attributes usages in repository" link. This action also does not suffer from the 1000 work item query result limit you have in the Eclipse client.

permanent link
abdoul thomas (826) | answered Feb 02 '15, 3:15 a.m.

Thnak you every body,

I defined the editor for the workitem with the attribute and refresh the RTC Client (HideifEmpty is not checked ).I also closed and reopened RTC Client and RTC from eclipse. But i don't see my attibute... could the project be corrupted ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.