It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

server rename issue - repotools cannot connect to localhost - generateURLMappings

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Jan 23 '15, 10:22 a.m.
edited Jan 26 '15, 10:56 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
CLM 405

Doing the generateURLmapping part for a server rename nets me:

CRJAZ1356E The repotools command could not connect to the following server: 'https://localhost:9443/jts'.

First, we use :9445 at our installation, second we have this machine's IP connected to localhost in the hosts file.

Thoughts?

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Jan 23 '15, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Changing localhost to another IP than loopback IP address 127.0.0.1 can have subtle side effects.
See theĀ  wikipedia localhost description where you can find that the name localhost is reserved for loopback purposes by RFC 6761 (Special-Use Domain Names).

Mahari Hill commented Jan 23 '15, 1:02 p.m.

thanks,
I removed it, uncommented 127, tried ::1, same error for all 3.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 26 '15, 11:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would consider to provide the repotools command the basic parameters it always needs: rpoURL, user, password so that it can initially connect to the repository. If you don't it tries to use default values that most likely not match your environment and comes up with that question. If you don't provide parameters at all, you can pipe the help output into a file to help you digesting it.
Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Jan 27 '15, 1:32 p.m.

adding the repository command worked. It was not listed in the documentation for mapping a URL

One other answer

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Jan 26 '15, 12:19 p.m.
 Was the JTS stopped when you ran the command?  That is another cause.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.