It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to download all history versions of a specific file in one step ?

Katrin Heymann (19824363) | asked Dec 03 '14, 9:51 a.m.
I have a file in RTC source control with more than 100 versions and now I'm searching for a way to download all versions in one step.

Is it possible ?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 03 '14, 10:36 p.m.

But what would you do with 100 files of the same name? 

Katrin Heymann commented Dec 04 '14, 3:37 a.m.

If you mark the "history" files in the eclipse client and select "Open File" then you can save file by file and they have "different" names - file name + "internal id".

But it doesn't help to save these files without their change comment.

My customer wants to compare the files before a change request - after a change request.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Dec 03 '14, 10:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 04 '14, 4:04 a.m.
You can use the scm cli to do these kind of operations.
If you have the item id and state/version id's then you can use the 'scm get file <item id> <state or version id> <path on disk>'
If you do not have the item information you can fetch the history that shows the item id and state id/version id by using the 'scm -u y history -w <workspace or stream name/uuid> -C <component name/uuid> -R <path relative to the component>'

Also take a look at 'scm get change' which downloads a specific change from the change set.

Comments
Katrin Heymann commented Dec 04 '14, 3:34 a.m.

Is it possible to include the change comment into the download ?

Shashikant Padur commented Dec 04 '14, 4:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This history command shows the change set comment in the output. You also use the --json option to get the output in json format.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.