It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting UserID for user requesting a build

Daniel Reilly (1431520) | asked Nov 21 '14, 10:14 p.m.
edited Nov 25 '14, 2:53 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Is there a similar property for the userid specified with the Build Agent Authentication Overrides option?  This is the tso userid of the requester when running an Enterprise Extensions build, when you have the RBA server set up to require userid authentication.  It too would be helpful in other parts of the build.

Comments
Daniel Reilly commented Nov 24 '14, 6:09 p.m.

Ralph Schoon answered the question, but I don't see the post, so I'll copy it here.

This has been fixed since the question was asked. See https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=65619

But, that is not the userid I am looking for, that is the RTC userid, not the TSO userid entered in the Build Agent Overrides panel. We can see the userid being set in RBA:

AUTH set user account to "mra"

so the value is there somewhere. buildRequestoUserid comes back with xxx@us.ibm.com instead

One answer

permanent link
Justin Spadea (661) | answered Dec 02 '14, 2:22 p.m.
I took a look at this and the credential overrides are explicitly removed from the build properties (to fix bug 163421), so I'm afraid right now it's not possible to get the value during the build. You might consider opening an enhancement request on the 'Build' component to make it available somehow. The only workaround I can think of is to have your own build property containing the TSO user, but that would require each submitter fills in both places (very easy to forget this extra property).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.