It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I work around PM97607, "Failed to find community for id xxxx"

Dennis Schultz (55157) | asked Nov 18 '14, 12:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I create an asset using the Java API, I get a series of messages similar to "Failed to find community for id xxxx".  The process of creating the asset takes up to 10 minutes and sometimes results in a timeout error. 

I discovered this is an known issue in RAM 7.5.1.2: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM97607.  The instance of RAM I am using is not scheduled to be updated until late Q1.

The delay doesn't seem to happen when setting the community for a new asset but seems to occur when I attempt to invoke methods like setAssetType or getAssetAttribute on the new asset.  I'm guessing that for RAM to tell me what asset types or attributes are valid for this asset, it must determine what community it is in and that's where the defect impacts me.

Is there some way I can work around this defect?  Would it help to change the order in which I set values? Would it help to "put" a skeleton asset to RAM first, then update it?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Lin Lu (3063) | answered Nov 18 '14, 8:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think that could happen when we try to call some API functions at the first time. It is kind of lazy fetch for RAMSession to initialize some meta data when you call function like setAssetType().

If you would like to pre-initialize this meta data before setAssetType(), try following:

//this will initialize schema schema and restricted communities
RAMCategorySchema[] schemas = RAMSession.getAllCategorySchemas();
for(RAMCategorySchema schema : schemas)
    schema.isRestricted();

If there is a connection timeout in your code. Try to increase axis connection timeout property
AxisProperties.setProperty(
    DefaultCommonsHTTPClientProperties.CONNECTION_DEFAULT_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT_KEY, connectionTimeout);

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.