It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set "post it" information within a taskboard

Sedat kara (231120) | asked Nov 12 '14, 4:38 a.m.
 Hi all, 
I would like to know how we set which information should be visible on post-it within a taskboard.

Thanks for your answers, 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 12 '14, 6:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Dependent on the version of RTC you are using it is fixed or configurable.

Sedat kara commented Nov 12 '14, 6:19 a.m.

Hi Ralph, 

Thanks for your reaction. 
I did not understand the second part of your sentence "you are using it is fixed or configurable.". 
I am using the version 4.0.1 of RTC and would like to make visible some custom attributes on the "post it" 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sedat kara (231120) | answered Nov 12 '14, 7:34 a.m.
 I answer myself to make my experience profitable to others as I also profit from their experience :). 

I've found out that the visible attributes on a post it on kanban mode are the first three columns that you decide to display.

In web interface, "Edit Plan view" --> "column Display" and here the three columns after "Summary" will appear on your "post it". 

Next question will be : is there any mean to set a fixe size for "post it"

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 12 '14, 7:39 a.m.

That is essentially what I tried to say in my answer.
No, there is no way to site the post it in your version.

See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.1?p=news#TaskboardAndKanban for enhancements in 5.0.1 that match probably what you are looking for.

Sedat kara commented Nov 12 '14, 7:50 a.m.

There is a way to set the font size within a post it ? 

Thanks,  

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 12 '14, 7:59 a.m.

Non that I know of. You can zoom the browser, but I'd expect the shape to resize with it.

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 12 '14, 6:29 a.m.
edited Nov 12 '14, 7:40 a.m.
As far as I can remember in 4.x it was not possible to really configure this a lot. All you could do - like in any view of a plan - was to edit the columns you wanted to show. However, the tile did not get bigger, if I remember correctly, and you could only show 3 or so attributes.

In 5.0.1 it becomes a lot more configurable - see the New&Noteworthy at the download location.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 12 '14, 6:31 a.m.

Custom attributes - to be able to show them in plans at all, you have to edit the Plan configuration in the Eclipse Client.
Open the Project Area>Process Configuration>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>Plan Attributes and add them to the Attribute Mapping.

Sedat kara commented Nov 12 '14, 7:14 a.m.

Thansk Ralph, 

Before reacting I've tried to test what you suggested. 
In  "Attribute Mapping." I have all my attributes in a list and some of them have a specific icon in front of them "a pencil". 

I removed the one which appears and add some other ones, nothing happen.

I use Eclipse Client

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 12 '14, 7:36 a.m.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/587 for how to customize attribute mapping and what it means. There are other articles in the library about planning that might be of interest.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.