It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to import a manual test script with variables defined in the steps from Excel/Word import tool into RQM?

Dayal Sachdev (823) | asked Oct 24 '14, 2:09 p.m.
Hi,

I have a customer asking whether we have a way to import a test script from Excel with a variable in the step itself. Based on my understanding of this capability, we can only bring variables from Excel import tool into RQM if the variable is under a separate column and associated to a test case not test script. Is this understand correct? I know you can substitute a variable against some text within a step of a manual test script. However, is there a way to define that in your configuration file or Excel file before import?

Appreciate any feedback on this matter!

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Oct 28 '14, 3:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Dayal,

There is no way to import a test script from Excel with a variable in the step itself.
In RQMWordImporter you can associate variables with TestScript if they are specified in different columns using below attribute in cfg

testscript.variables.name=List("*.1.*.1").value=List("*.1.*.2")

Probably you can give a try with excel by specifying the variable name and values in different columns and have below line in cfg

testscript.variables.name=C.value=D

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.