It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does jbe filter returns RC={2} indicates?

Vijay Reddy Gaddam (562841) | asked Oct 08 '14, 7:46 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '14, 7:47 a.m.
 I have two build definition's which are scheduled to be build @5:30PM and Other @7:00PM daily for two different applications. Both the build definitions use same repository workspace during the build.
Build which was triggered @5:30PM was successfull with out any errors(i.e. able to download the sources from the repository workspace mentioned in the build definition).
Build which was triggered @7:00PM cancelled(i.e., Could not download the sources from the same repository workspace with was successfull @5:30PM) which had returned the the following error:

2014-10-07 19:01:19 [Jazz build engine] Searching for buildResultUUID=_gh7O8U5DEeSF2YVgiRU8TQ
2014-10-07 19:01:19 [Jazz build engine] The -noComplete argument was specified. The build result will not be completed by JBE.
2014-10-07 19:01:19 [Jazz build engine] Building only the specified participants: "[com.ibm.team.build.jazzscm]"
2014-10-07 19:01:22 [Jazz build engine] Found a scheduled request for build definition "BI4 Development Build".
2014-10-07 19:01:23 [Jazz build engine] Completed building buildResultUUID=_gh7O8U5DEeSF2YVgiRU8TQ
2014-10-07 19:01:23 [Jazz build engine] Exiting JBE after completing single build request, RC=2.
CRRTC3529W: The execution of Jazz Build Engine completed with a non-zero return code (RC=2).

What does the RC={2} indicates?
What are the reasons for the problem?
What are the possible ways to solve the problem?

Thanka and REgards,
Vijay

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13277) | answered Oct 08 '14, 8:00 a.m.

Hi Vijay,

1) A return code of 2 indicates that the specified build has nothing to build.

2) Check the Build Repository worksapce has not been used for another other activities except build.

This can be useful, but in that case you need to scope the flows to avoid collisions between components.  Remember that each build definition should have a dedicated build workspace, and that it shouldn't be used in other ways

Regards,

Arun.

Vijay Reddy Gaddam selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented Oct 08 '14, 8:15 a.m. | edited Oct 08 '14, 8:19 a.m.

Hi Arun,

Thank you for the information.
I'm using the workspace only for the build purpose and it is not being used in any other purposes.
Can you please elaborate what does the build has nothing to build exactly means?
One more info point is, build through one build definition was successful and from the other was a failure for the same repository workspace.
Does the changes made for the source files in the components of the repository workspace is the cause for this problem?

Regards,
Vijay.

Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 08 '14, 9:27 a.m.

Hi Vijay,

I would suspect there could be below reasons.

No change sets created and nothing to accept into Build Workspace ( target stream with component) before you start the build.

Could you please give more details, what do you mean by

1) Does the changes made for the source files in the components of the repository workspace is the cause for this problem?

2) Also I share the complete log published to the RTC build result?

Regards,

Arun.

Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented Oct 13 '14, 7:28 a.m.

There are no changesets between two builds. To solve that I unchecked the option "Build only if there are changes accepted".

Thank you for the support.

Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented Oct 13 '14, 7:29 a.m.

There are no changesets between two builds. To solve that I unchecked the option "Build only if there are changes accepted".

Thank you for the support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.