It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why doesn't image uploade to a post work with Firefox ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9185201) | asked Oct 03 '14, 10:35 a.m.
I run RHEL 6.5 and currently have FF 31.1.  But adding an image has never worked in Firefox.  I think I've accrued enough cred by now.   I was once able to uploade using Google Chrome, but Chrome is dropped from my platform.

I would like this to work now so that I could use it now and again.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Oct 03 '14, 12:51 p.m.

Hi Kevin,

What is the current RTC version ?

What type of image are you trying to upload ?

Where are you trying to load the image ?

Are you getting any error message ?

Does it works with uploading txt file  ?

Regards,

Arun.

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 03 '14, 12:56 p.m. | edited Oct 03 '14, 12:57 p.m.

This regarding adding an image on a jazz.net forum post.   I can click the little link icon up there and firefox will let me browse the file, but the insert doesn't work.  I did the following with Opera on same workstation 

Don Yang commented Oct 05 '14, 11:44 p.m.

Do you mean you can browse to the image file but the insert button is not enabled? I just posted an image in another answer using this way and it works and I am using FF 24 ESR. If this is not your concern, do you mean copy/paste the image directly to the post?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 06 '14, 4:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I also have never had problems with doing this with Firefox. I am currently using FF 31.1.1. I usually upload PNG files.

About FireFox

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 06 '14, 8:31 a.m.

I also have my screen capture (Shutter) set to save png format.  I can browse to the file, but the instant I've picked the file, the dialog disappears.  The Insert is never allowed.

My firefox is the same version, but not the ESR variety.  I'll just have to launch Opera, I guess...

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 06 '14, 8:41 a.m. | edited Oct 06 '14, 8:42 a.m.

I have no idea unfortunately why it is not working for you. You can file a defect here.

Miran Badzak commented Oct 16 '14, 9:48 a.m.

Hi Kevin -- I also just tried this out in FF 32.0.3 and it worked fine. Maybe try clearing your cache and try again?

Kevin Ramer commented Oct 16 '14, 9:56 a.m.

You have what  O/S ?   I'm on RHEL 6.5.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.