It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to cancell the dependency in RTC

Sreedhara thirthahalli (591415) | asked Sep 23 '14, 2:56 a.m.
 Hi
One of my team mate has done some changes and he has done CHECKIN but not delivered
and there is a dependency of that file.
What to do now? Can I deliver the code on be half of him? 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 23 '14, 3:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As long as the file is only checked in, the changes are his private changes. You can
  1. Work and deliver yourself - which might force him to do a merge once he decides to deliver
  2. Accept his change (e.g. using SCM search or a work item). This would require his change set to be closed
  3. Create a copy from his repository workspace that you can change then; In this case I am assuming you would see the checked in change and could also deliver it.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/126 for various questions in this area.

Comments
Sreedhara thirthahalli commented Sep 23 '14, 4:27 a.m.

Hi Ralpha

Thanks for the immediate reply, But
1) Can I deliver his change set? 

Scenario :- My team mate is done changes and he is on vacation and he is asking me to  deliver the changes.
Without logging his sandbox shall I deliver his changes?

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 23 '14, 4:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As mentioned in answer 2 and 3, you have options to do that. If the change sets are not completed, 2 does not work. For 3 there might be information (comments, work item links) that you might loose, if the change set is not completed. You can work around that by opening the repository workspace (if it is public or scoped).

Last alternative would be to try to change ownership of the repository workspace to you, which a JazzAdmin could do. Then you can work with it as you please and deliver.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.