It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to get translated artifacts via REST APIs?

sandro de santis (1288) | asked Sep 11 '14, 10:04 a.m.
I have been asked to develop a Test Plan summary document in PDF format. The document must be in Italian.
I know that, setting the locale language in a browser, and having installed the language on the jazz server, then I can see the artifacts in locale language.
Does this mean that the browser sets some kind of header to request content in the chosen language?

I downloaded the testplan.dta from the jazz site, and i am trying to translate it,using RPE Studio. I can successfully translate the template test fields, at but i can't get the artifact descriptions and titles translated when i get them via REST.
When i set the URI content in the relevant Data Source in RPE Launcher, I specify something like:

https://server_address:port/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/ProjAreaName/testplan/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:XX

I also added Italian to the testplan.dta following the RPE Help.

Apparently, RPE does not use the same headers browsers use, bacause still I get TestPlan Section Titles and all other descriptions in English.

Is there any way to get the artifacts in another language via REST?

Thanks for any hint

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 16 '14, 8:46 p.m.

Just for the interest of those reading this post.  This issue could be similar to this one.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/161133/how-do-i-specify-a-language-to-install-during-command-line-installation

One answer

permanent link
sandro de santis (1288) | answered Sep 16 '14, 10:33 a.m.
Please forget this question, it has been posted at a very early stage of the study.
In my case it not necessary to get translated contents.
Sorry for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.