It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an RTC / Tivoli Service Request Manager connector?

Brian Thompson (41184) | asked May 05 '09, 11:35 a.m.
I've looked around and can't find one, but maybe I've overlooked it or someone is developing one ( or planning to ) on the side ?

The side of our team that uses ManageNow is being migrated to TSRM (as opposed to any Rational tool that might bet set up to communicate naturally with RTC) and we really need to keep them hooked in.

Any and all pointers are appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

6 answers

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Apr 12 '11, 5:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This integration was just demoed at Pulse 2011. Unfortunately I don't have more information or contacts but I thought I'd let others know. I'll keep looking...

Here it is:

Movie:
http://bit.ly/i6HbWq

Code Download: ISML Deliverable and Documentation :

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/ismlibrary/details?catalog.label=1TW10SR0V

Tivoli TSRM folks built the integration using OSLC, with rich hovers and links in both directions. Very cool.

If you are looking for the Pulse presentation and have access to that, it's called "Pulse 1294: OSLC TSRM & RTC"

--Rolf

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered May 05 '10, 5:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've looked around and can't find one, but maybe I've overlooked it or someone is developing one ( or planning to ) on the side ?

The side of our team that uses ManageNow is being migrated to TSRM (as opposed to any Rational tool that might bet set up to communicate naturally with RTC) and we really need to keep them hooked in.

Any and all pointers are appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

I believe you are correct that there is not an integration with Tivoli TSRM (Maximo) and RTC today. I'm seeing this request more. I'm also tracking it here so feel free to add your comments or use case here.

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=78720

Since this would typically be a Tivoli TSRM side integration (it would be surfaced in the Tivoli UI) it would also help to request an RTC integration when speaking with the product manger for Tivoli TSRM and your IBM sales person.

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Mar 22 '11, 4:01 p.m.
This integration was just demoed at Pulse 2011. Unfortunately I don't have more information or contacts but I thought I'd let others know. I'll keep looking...

permanent link
Richard Amson (6) | answered Oct 06 '11, 5:30 a.m.
As an alternative CA Catalyst IBM Tivoli Service Request Manager Console connector. It supports CA Spectrum SA r2.5 and IBM Tivoli Service spy phone Request Manager.

permanent link
Rolf Nelson (617159) | answered Aug 20 '12, 2:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Some more updates on TSRM and RTC integration, extracted from a recent email thread.

Yes, we provided an RTC and ClearQuest integration in TSRM 7.2.1 and SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5, and then enhanced it in our 7.5.1 release.  Please forward this response to the right folks.

1) Have there been any updates to the integration since May of 2001 (that's the most recent information I've been able to find so far).

I'm assuming you are talking about the integration that is available on TSRM 7.2.1 via the ISM Library here: https://www-304.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/ismlibrary/details?catalog.label=1TW10SR0V. 

In SmartCloud Control Desk 7.5 there were no updates made to this functionality, except for that we made the installation available from the product Launch Pad instead of the ISM Library.  In our upcoming release 7.5.1, we refactored the integration with RTC and ClearQuest.  In addition to the original use cases the TSRM integration supported, this adds the following enhancements:
-Support for more than one Service Provider definition per deployment.
-OAuth authentication is performed via an IBM certified Google API, as opposed to the homegrown OAuth solution implemented in the original TSRM integration.
-Support for non-Jazz based Service Providers.  The original integration only supported Jazz based tools.
-Better alignment with OSLC standards.
-Support for additional authentication schemes besides OAuth.

2) Are there any automatic update capabilities available such that a change in state to a work item in RTC would automatically update the state (or some other field) of a record in TSRM?  The OSLC integration doesn't seem to provide anything like this.

No unfortunately it does not, but this is a request we have heard from others, and are having conversations on how to accomplish this in future releases. 

3) This agency is using TSRM to manage requests for assets, such as a new server or configuration changes to an environment.  The customer would like to be working in RTC and submit a request that gets pushed to TSRM.  Is this an out of the box integration or something that could be configured on their Jazz server?

The Maximo framework gives us the ability to be an OSLC consumer, but not a provider yet.  This means we can't expose information about Problems, Incidents, SRs, etc. to other OSLC consumers like RTC.  Maximo is looking into adding this ability in future releases.

permanent link
Nagesh Subrahmanyam (771211) | answered Dec 23 '12, 3:52 a.m.
We are using TSRM for Release Management using which artefacts are actually deployed to production. Since an Iteration in RTC can be associated with a Release, we would like to "integrate" this Release with a TSRM request ID. Is this possible ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.