It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN import failing

Mikael Lönneberg (2631) | asked May 05 '09, 8:02 a.m.
Hi I'm trying to import our SVN repository into RTC but run into an exception:
java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNGanymedConnector.close(SVNGanymedConnector.java:146)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNGanymedConnector.open(SVNGanymedConnector.java:127)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.open(SVNConnection.java:60)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.openConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:970)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.update(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:582)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.update(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:651)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.processEntry(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:388)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.createChangeSetArchive(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:266)
at com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNImporter.createChangeSetArchive(SVNImporter.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.CreateArchiveOperation.run(CreateArchiveOperation.java:32)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.createArchive(ImportOperation.java:150)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:113)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:43)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Any idea of what the problem might be?

5 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 05 '09, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mikael,

Is this failure reproducable? It is possible that you have hit an
intermittent problem. Try the import again and see if it succeeds (you
can start the import at the revision after that one that was
successfully importer. You should be able to see what that is by doing a
Show History on the workspace).

If the failure is reproducable, you may have hit a bug in either SVNKit
or the RTC SVN importer (i.e. it looks like the NPE is happening one a
close within an open. Perhaps there is something about how you connect
or authenticate against SVN that is causing a problem in SVNKit). If
this is the case, please open a defect against Source Control in the
Rational Team Concert project area of Jazz.net.

If this continues to fail, you may want to extract a dump file from your
repository and try importing that. This reduces the number of variables
in the impot (i.e. no communications to the server is required during
the import).

Michael

mikael.lonneberg wrote:
Hi I'm trying to import our SVN repository into RTC but run into an
exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNGanymedConnector.close(SVNGanymedConnector.java:146)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNGanymedConnector.open(SVNGanymedConnector.java:127)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNConnection.open(SVNConnection.java:60)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.openConnection(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:970)
at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.svn.SVNRepositoryImpl.update(SVNRepositoryImpl.java:582)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.update(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:651)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.processEntry(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:388)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNChangeArchiveCreator.createChangeSetArchive(SVNChangeArchiveCreator.java:266)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.svn.rcp.ui.internal.importz.SVNImporter.createChangeSetArchive(SVNImporter.java:53)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.CreateArchiveOperation.run(CreateArchiveOperation.java:32)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.createArchive(ImportOperation.java:150)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:113)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:43)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:42)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Any idea of what the problem might be?

permanent link
Mikael Lönneberg (2631) | answered May 05 '09, 10:27 a.m.
Thanks for your quick response, I have not tried it again will try it later. The previous error was produced by using the repository browser way of importing. I then tried to export part of our repository just the 7000 first revisions and import that then I got this error:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: An I/O exception occurred creating the log file reader

at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.importChangeSetArchive(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:357)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.doImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:127)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.run(ImportArchiveOperation.java:74)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(ImportOperation.java:181)
at com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:117)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:43)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner.run(JobRunner.java:205)
at com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.JobRunner$1.run(JobRunner.java:62)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarException: CRJAZ0226I Header checksum failed; the archive is corrupt.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.verifyChecksum(TarInputStream.java:470)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.readEntry(TarInputStream.java:290)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.getNextEntry(TarInputStream.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.loadMap(TarFile.java:342)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.run(TarFile.java:328)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)

This error is reproducible, I have even tried to recreate the dump file.
The dump file was created with the following command:

svnadmin dump /var/lib/svn/ --revision 0:7000 > dump0-7000.dump

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 06 '09, 11:05 a.m.
Mikael,

We've seen this error before and have narrowed it down to a VM bug. What
version of RTC are you using? You could check to see if the error occurs
when using the Sun vm. You can change the VM used by RTC by editing the
TeamConcert.ini or eclipse.ini depending on how you installed RTC) file
in the same directory as the executable.

Michael

mikael.lonneberg wrote:
Thanks for your quick response, I have not tried it again will try it
later. The previous error was produced by using the repository
browser way of importing. I then tried to export part of our
repository just the 7000 first revisions and import that then I got
this error:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException:
An I/O exception occurred creating the log file reader
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.importChangeSetArchive(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:357)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.doImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:127)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.run(ImportArchiveOperation.java:74)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(ImportOperation.java:181)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:117)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.ui.operations.FileSystemUIOperation.repositoryRun(FileSystemUIOperation.java:43)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.rcp.ui.operations.RepositoryOperation.run(RepositoryOperation.java:42)
at
at
at
Caused by:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarException:
CRJAZ0226I Header checksum failed; the archive is corrupt.
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.verifyChecksum(TarInputStream.java:470)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.readEntry(TarInputStream.java:290)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.getNextEntry(TarInputStream.java:94)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.loadMap(TarFile.java:342)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.run(TarFile.java:328)

This error is reproducible, I have even tried to recreate the dump
file.

svnadmin dump /var/lib/svn/ --revision 0:7000
dump0-7000.dump

permanent link
Mikael Lönneberg (2631) | answered May 07 '09, 2:58 a.m.
The error went away when I switched to Sun VM.
We are using 1.0.1.1

/Mikael

Mikael,

We've seen this error before and have narrowed it down to a VM bug. What
version of RTC are you using? You could check to see if the error occurs
when using the Sun vm. You can change the VM used by RTC by editing the
TeamConcert.ini or eclipse.ini depending on how you installed RTC) file

Michael

mikael.lonneberg wrote:
Thanks for your quick response, I have not tried it again will try it
this error:
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ChangeSetArchiveImporter.importChangeSetArchive(ChangeSetArchiveImporter.java:357)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.doImport(ImportArchiveOperation.java:127)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ImportArchiveOperation.run(ImportArchiveOperation.java:74)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.importIntoWorkspace(ImportOperation.java:181)
at
com.ibm.team.scm.client.importz.internal.ui.ImportOperation.filesystemRun(ImportOperation.java:117)
at
at
at
at
at
Caused by:
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.verifyChecksum(TarInputStream.java:470)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.readEntry(TarInputStream.java:290)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarInputStream.getNextEntry(TarInputStream.java:94)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.loadMap(TarFile.java:342)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.tar.TarFile$LoadMap.run(TarFile.java:328)

file.

dump0-7000.dump

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered May 07 '09, 10:41 a.m.
Mikael,

That's good news. Try the import using the dump importer and post a
follow up if you encounter any more problems.

Michael

mikael.lonneberg wrote:
The error went away when I switched to Sun VM.
We are using 1.0.1.1

/Mikael

Michael Valentawrote:
Mikael,
We've seen this error before and have narrowed it down to a VM bug.
What
version of RTC are you using? You could check to see if the error
occurs
when using the Sun vm. You can change the VM used by RTC by editing
the
TeamConcert.ini or eclipse.ini depending on how you installed RTC)
file

Michael

mikael.lonneberg wrote:
Thanks for your quick response, I have not tried it again will try
it
this error:
at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at

at
Caused by:

at

at

at

at

at

file.

dump0-7000.dump

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.