It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tag administration

Andrés Guerrero (20613218) | asked May 05 '09, 5:15 a.m.
Hi all,
Is there any way to administer tag entries?
Our intention is to modify, delete and predefine tags for each field in work items with this attribute type.

Thanks

Cheers

Andres

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered May 05 '09, 1:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Andres,

The tag value sets shown in the proposals of tag attributes is computed from the tags that are already used. So if no work item uses a tag anymore, it will not be proposed anymore. If you use a new tag in a work item, it will be shown in the proposals.

There is currently no explicit administration of these tags or an explicit definition of the possible value set.

When you use custom 'tags' attributes, the value sets/proposals will be separate, so the tags used in the built-in Tags attribute are not proposed for a custom tag attribute.

I assume that you are trying to add a tag attribute which supports only a limited and predefined set of tags? Currently, we don't offer that functionality, but please feel free to create an enhancement request.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

permanent link
Andrés Guerrero (20613218) | answered May 06 '09, 4:25 a.m.
Thank you Patrick,

I'm just trying to maintain in a centralized way tags added to these fields. Sometimes new tags are bad ones or are duplicating other ones... and yes maybe interesting to have at least an initial set of values.

Ok I'm going to open a Work Item.

Thanks!

Andres

permanent link
Ulrik Petersson (611) | answered Jun 09 '09, 10:42 a.m.
Hi Patrick,
I would desire it works like you describe, but I dont get it work....

I created a new tag value in the attribute field of one work item, and saved. Then I removed the same tag value, and saved. At this point my new tag value is not used by any work item. But still it appears as a suggestion when I click ctrl-space.

Best Regards Ulrik

Andres,

The tag value sets shown in the proposals of tag attributes is computed from the tags that are already used. So if no work item uses a tag anymore, it will not be proposed anymore. If you use a new tag in a work item, it will be shown in the proposals.

There is currently no explicit administration of these tags or an explicit definition of the possible value set.

When you use custom 'tags' attributes, the value sets/proposals will be separate, so the tags used in the built-in Tags attribute are not proposed for a custom tag attribute.

I assume that you are trying to add a tag attribute which supports only a limited and predefined set of tags? Currently, we don't offer that functionality, but please feel free to create an enhancement request.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Jun 14 '10, 7:41 a.m.

I created a new tag value in the attribute field of one work item, and saved. Then I removed the same tag value, and saved. At this point my new tag value is not used by any work item. But still it appears as a suggestion when I click ctrl-space.

(answering this to help anyone stumbling across it lateron)

The client does some caching, so after deleting the tag, the client needs to be refreshed or restarted to not suggest the old tag anymore...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.