It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error SSL_TSL using RQMUrlUtility

sandro de santis (1288) | asked Jul 24 '14, 12:59 p.m.
Trying to create a TestPlan using the Url utility.
I use the following command:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin>java -jar c:\dati_e_jars\OSLC_RQM\RQMUrlUtility.jar 
    -command PUT 
    -user elvira
    -password elvira
    -context /qm
    -filepath c:\dati_e_jars\OSLC_RQM\TestPlan.txt         
    -url https://localhost:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Derivat
a1/testplan

And get the following:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                  <<<<<----- [ RQMUrlUtility ] ---->>>>>

Default cookie policy RFC_2109 is used.
RQMUrlUtility: Connected to https://localhost:9443 using project "Derivata1"
Attempting to create SSL_TLS context
java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available
Unable to create SSL_TLS context, trying SSLv3
RQMUrlUtility: Login error (response code) - 408
Response Body: <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.32 - Error report</title><st
yle><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#52
5D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;backgr
ound-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;colo
r:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial
,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,san
s-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-
serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {col
or : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 408 -
The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continu
e you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close
and re-open your browser</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Statu
s report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>The time allowed for the login process has been
 exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
 the link you requested or close and re-open your browser</u></p><p><b>descripti
on</b> <u>The client did not produce a request within the time that the server w
as prepared to wait.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0
.32</h3></body></html>
RQMUrlUtility: Timeout authenticating to server for user elvira

I followed the suggestion of the technote:

RQMCopyUtility error: SSL_TLS SSLContext not available. Certificate does not conform to algorithm constraints

by commenting out the line:
#jdk.certpath.disabledAlgorithms=MD2
Windows path to the config file: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security

I'd be very grateful for any suggestion.
Thanks in advance

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Jul 26 '14, 8:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What RQM server version?  Please try Java 1.6 (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMURLUtility#Requirements).

Donald Nong commented Jul 27 '14, 8:46 p.m.

Check out the accepted answer in this post and see if you can get more detailed debugging information about the SSL connection.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6365209/java-and-ssl-java-security-nosuchalgorithmexception

Donald Nong commented Jul 29 '14, 10:56 p.m.

For the interest of the community, I will share some of my findings with regard to this issue. The tool itself does not appear to be the problem because I have no problems with creating test cases using the exact same version of the tool. The switch from SSL_TLS to SSLv3 may just be an indication of incorrect/non-existent implementation of the SSL protocol on the specific application server (Tomcat/WAS). When the HTTP 408 code appeared, an SSL connection was already established (presumably using SSLv3). The reason for the HTTP 408 code should be the incorrect -context parameter. It should have been "-context qm", not "-context /qm". I can reproduce it by using the exact same parameter. The "time exceeded" error is quite misleading since the error is thrown out immediately.

3 answers

permanent link
sandro de santis (1288) | answered Jul 28 '14, 6:35 a.m.
Thanks for the suggestions.
I am working with the 4.0.4 RQM and RQM Url Utility.

I pointed a 1.6.0 jvm, and now the situation is like this:

>>>>> I inserted a java -version just to be sure
C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.4.0\jre\bin>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build pwi3260sr13fp2-20130424_01(SR13 FP2))
IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows 7 x86-32 jvmwi3260sr13fp2-201
30423_146146 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20130423_146146
JIT  - r9_20130108_31100ifx1
GC   - 20121212_AA)
JCL  - 20130419_01

>>>>>>> COMMAND
C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\IBM\RMAddOn-4.0.4.0\jre\bin>java -jar c:\dati_e_jars\OSLC_RQM
\URL_UTILITY\RQMUrlUtility.jar    
     -command PUT
     -user sandro
     -password sandro
     -context /qm 
     -filepath c:\dati_e_jars\OSLC_RQM\TestPlan.txt                     
     -url https://localhost:9443/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Derivata1/testplan

>>>>>> RESPONSE

<<<<<----- [ RQMUrlUtility ] ---->>>>>

Default cookie policy RFC_2109 is used.
RQMUrlUtility: Connected to https://localhost:9443 using project "Derivata1"
Attempting to create SSL_TLS context

>>>>>> Now the SSL_TLS context has been correctly created, no error messages
>>>>>> BUT, the jazz server response is still the same

RQMUrlUtility: Login error (response code) - 408
Response Body: <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.32 - Error report</title><st
yle><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#52
5D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;backgr
ound-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;colo
r:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial
,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,san
s-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-
serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {col
or : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 408 -
The time allowed for the login process has been exceeded. If you wish to continu
e you must either click back twice and re-click the link you requested or close
and re-open your browser</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Statu
s report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>The time allowed for the login process has been
 exceeded. If you wish to continue you must either click back twice and re-click
 the link you requested or close and re-open your browser</u></p><p><b>descripti
on</b> <u>The client did not produce a request within the time that the server w
as prepared to wait.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0
.32</h3></body></html>
RQMUrlUtility: Timeout authenticating to server for user sandro

Might it be some setup in SERVER.STARTUP is missing or incorrect?

Thank again in advance.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 28 '14, 7:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If Don's post is not helpful, could you try using the Poster/HTTPRequest plug-ins for Firefox? 

Unfortunately, the RQM URL Utility is not officially supported (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMURLUtility#Support).

permanent link
sandro de santis (1288) | answered Jul 29 '14, 9:05 a.m.
Thanks for the hint.
I used the Don's suggestion, but finally i decided to use another RQM and URL Utility version.
So I am now using 4.0.6, and i have no problems with the login procedure.
I am getting response 400 to all my requests to create a test plan, but this is out of this thread scope.

Thanks for your help,
Sandro

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.