It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is Rational Team Concert API available?

Yuki Saito (31133) | asked Apr 26 '09, 12:35 a.m.
Hello,

For our project, my team is trying to do the following two things:

1. We want to identify a set of Jazz APIs to fetch the defined team members. To do that, we first need to identify how to access the associated team area.

2. We want to make sure we can programmatically access a file (of any type) from the Jazz repository.

Since there seems no public Jazz API or Rational Team Concert SDK API document out there, we have been unable to implement above functionality. I have seen some of the design notes in the Wiki but they seem to me more like separate self-contained tutorials; less like a whole complete set of API document.

For those who have been involved in the development of Jazz, may I ask where I can find a set of APIs to achieve the above tasks?

Sincerely,
Yuki Saito

11 answers

permanent link
Nelson Baker (261) | answered Jul 27 '11, 2:01 p.m.
The SDK source code is available from:

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1?p=allDownloads (at the end)

it is possible to generate the API doc form source code using ant tool or javadoc command.

ref: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10270

I am interested in this API documentation as well. Thanks

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Apr 27 '09, 5:59 a.m.
Hello,

1. We want to identify a set of Jazz APIs to fetch the defined team members. To do that, we first need to identify how to access the associated team area.

2. We want to make sure we can programmatically access a file (of any type) from the Jazz repository.

Since there seems no public Jazz API or Rational Team Concert SDK API document out there, we have been unable to implement above functionality. I have seen some of the design notes in the Wiki but they seem to me more like separate self-contained tutorials; less like a whole complete set of API document.

For those who have been involved in the development of Jazz, may I ask where I can find a set of APIs to achieve the above tasks?

Sincerely,
Yuki Saito

Give is a similar thread discussing the API, have a look: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2796

kind regards,
Jakub

permanent link
Yuki Saito (31133) | answered Apr 27 '09, 12:32 p.m.
Hello Jakub,

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I saw that post in the past and think Mr. Abeshek's question has still not been answered. Neither HiJazzTutorial nor ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation tutorial gives me any further information as to what other methods are available in the ITeamRepository interface once I acquire it. For example, suppose I have accessed ITeamRepository interface , exactly what method should I invoke next in order to retrieve a team area or team members associated with it? I think no Jazz Lab articles answer this question currently. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Since there is no API document I cannot see the big picture of what I can do with Jazz API. In contrast, if I want to know more about API for Eclipse plugins, searching google gives me a lot of information (google with key words "eclipse plugin api" and the first of the search result takes you to this page http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/core/runtime/Plugin.html).

But when I google with key words "rational team concert api", I cannot obtain relevant information (the first of the search result is Rational Team Concert
2.0 Release Plan, which is not what I am looking for -> https://jazz.net/development/DevelopmentItem.jsp?href=content/project/plans/rtc-plan-2.0.html).

That tells me that unlike API for Eclipse plugins, the complete Jazz API is still not available maybe because it is still under development, correct?

I am just wondering how other developers have a firm grasp of Jazz API when there is no Jazz API document out there. It would be appreciated if anyone could answer this question.

Regards,
Yuki Saito

Hello,

Sincerely,
Yuki Saito

Give is a similar thread discussing the API, have a look: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2796

kind regards,
Jakub

permanent link
Mark Ireland (26115748) | answered Feb 16 '11, 9:38 a.m.
Hi,

Didi you every get the API documentation you where after? If so coul dyou share the link / docs please?

Many thanks

Mark

Hello,

Sincerely,
Yuki Saito

permanent link
William Lucas (1823) | answered Apr 20 '11, 1:08 p.m.
I'd be interested in this API documentation as well. Thanks.

Hi,

Didi you every get the API documentation you where after? If so coul dyou share the link / docs please?

Many thanks

Mark

Hello,

Sincerely,
Yuki Saito

permanent link
Josune De Sosa (611) | answered Jun 13 '11, 3:02 p.m.

permanent link
Baris Erdemir (1812819) | answered Jun 13 '11, 4:23 p.m.

permanent link
Oliver Drees (1333) | answered Jul 25 '11, 10:57 a.m.

permanent link
Monali Jambhulkar (841640) | answered Aug 10 '11, 6:55 a.m.
Hi,

Is there any API available for integration Rational team concert with rational DOORS or Rational Asset manager?
If yes then please give me referance material.

Thanks In Advance.

permanent link
Jonathan Li (145) | answered Jan 30 '13, 11:27 p.m.
 Will this article help you?
https://jazz.net/library/article/784

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.