It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use test data at level of a test suite?

Olivier Béghain (1082133) | asked Jul 03 '14, 1:12 a.m.
 Hello,

I'm using RQM 4.0.5.

I have a set of (4) test cases that should be executed sequentially and several times with different test data. As such, these test cases have been grouped in a test suite. Adding test data at level of the test scripts isn't a problem and when executing the scripts, they iteratively go over each entry of the test data.

What I would like is that when I decide to execute the test suite, the first row of my test data is used to perform the first test script, then the second, then the third, etc and once it all the test scripts have been executed once sequentially, it repeats with the second row of my test data. Any guidance is welcome.

If there would be a limitation to iterate over the rows of a test data at level of a suite, I was thinking to use execution variable between test scripts to share the values and to limit each TSER to one row of the test data. But is there such a limitation?

And can I _when writing the test script_ specify that a certain execution variable should be automatically initialized with the value of a certain test data field?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jul 03 '14, 1:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Olivier,

Currently it is not possible to have testdata on testsuite level nor you can assign run time value to execution variable like assigning testdata value while execution is going on. Please file an enhancement if you want this feature for your project.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.