It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Establishing Single Sign on With RTC

Praveen Kumar (371822) | asked Jun 17 '14, 12:53 a.m.
I have integrated an application in RTC Dashboard using a URL link.   I wanted to establish a single sign on between RTC and this application.    i.e any user authenticated by RTC need not authenticate again in this application.   Looking for a guidance on how to achieve this? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Jun 17 '14, 6:26 a.m.
SSO is only supported for WAS. Here are the general instructions:
https://jazz.net/library/article/413
These deal with different CLM applications on different WAS servers (as opposed to a CLM app and a non-CLM app), but the general idea should be the same, as SSO is indeed a server concept, not a CLM concept.
Praveen Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Praveen Kumar commented Jun 18 '14, 3:28 a.m.

OK  I get that now. 

Do you know whether RTC can be configured to use a Central Authentication service ?  

Piotr Aniola commented Jun 18 '14, 3:45 a.m.

RTC doesn't really deal with authentication. This is a job of the app server. So I would say, as long as the app server is OK with it, RTC should be too.

Having said that, you may want to be able to import the users from wherever you keep them to JTS. This is why, for example, LDAP is supported and, say, Kerberos, is not (not yet, anyway). Otherwise you would need to "sync" the users manually, which is not feasible in a production environment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.