It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

If I work with RTC-RQM.. which defect form I'm looking at?

Claudia Callegari (44449871) | asked Apr 17 '09, 7:09 p.m.
I've defined the integration between RTC-RQM, so now RTC is my Defect Provider. And the integration has been setup successfully (based on what RQM shows me).
When I did the configuration I selecte my project area in RTC.

Now, when I raise a defect (even from menu option when running a test case), a Defect form is raised, BUT it does not look like the one I've defined in RTC.

What else needs to be configured? Or how does it work?
I thought that after defining that integration RQM was going to use my Defect WI type defined in RTC...

Claudia

4 answers

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Apr 17 '09, 7:44 p.m.
I've defined the integration between RTC-RQM, so now RTC is my Defect Provider. And the integration has been setup successfully (based on what RQM shows me).

Now, when I raise a defect (even from menu option when running a test case), a Defect form is raised, BUT it does not look like the one I've defined in RTC.

I thought that after defining that integration RQM was going to use my Defect WI type defined in RTC...

Claudia

Hi Claudia, did you defined the RTC and RQM Instances on the same node?
If so try to bind each service to a different ip address: this will help cookie management.

We were able to make it work in the two different scenarios:

RQM 1.0.1 >> RTC 1.0.1.1
RQM 2.0 Beta >> RTC 1.0.1.1

Take care,

permanent link
Goshen Pan (106) | answered Apr 17 '09, 9:51 p.m.

Claudia

Claudia, please see my reply in another thread.
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4295

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44449871) | answered Apr 20 '09, 6:21 p.m.
I could finally make this integration work.
Now my questions are:

1) The defect form that is shown to raise a defect is different depending the context you are working with -although you have the RTC-RQM integration defined for the project-: if you are in RQM and just go to option "create work item" and select a defect type, then the Defect WI type owned by RQM is shown, and after saving the data the record is stored on RQM repository.
On the contrary, if you are running a test case and you raise a defect during execution time, then the RTC Defect WI type is raised and after saving the data the record is stored and maintained within RTC.

Why does this happen? I was expecting that once I define the RTC-RQM integration the behavior would be the same regardless the option I selected for creating a defect...

This would cause defects to be spread across the tools, something bad if you want to take matrics. My idea is to disable Defect WI type creation on RQM, so only defects against RTC can be created. If testers want to raise a defect not associated to an execution they have to open that directly in RTC. Is this the appropriate approach?

2) Are Firefox limitations known for RQM? Are they documented so I can take a look?
Basically, I had problems configuring RTC-RQM integration with Firefox. The workaround was to use IE.
Also, when trying to raise an execution defect when running a Test Case....
Basically it seems like the popup windows needed to ask user login do not appear so the related processes never finish (ie: fetching project areas / creating workitem, depending the case).
I've checked and the "block popup windows" property on the browser is DISABLEd.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Claudia

permanent link
Goshen Pan (106) | answered Apr 20 '09, 8:50 p.m.
I could finally make this integration work.
Now my questions are:

1) The defect form that is shown to raise a defect is different depending the context you are working with -although you have the RTC-RQM integration defined for the project-: if you are in RQM and just go to option "create work item" and select a defect type, then the Defect WI type owned by RQM is shown, and after saving the data the record is stored on RQM repository.
On the contrary, if you are running a test case and you raise a defect during execution time, then the RTC Defect WI type is raised and after saving the data the record is stored and maintained within RTC.

Why does this happen? I was expecting that once I define the RTC-RQM integration the behavior would be the same regardless the option I selected for creating a defect...

This would cause defects to be spread across the tools, something bad if you want to take matrics. My idea is to disable Defect WI type creation on RQM, so only defects against RTC can be created. If testers want to raise a defect not associated to an execution they have to open that directly in RTC. Is this the appropriate approach?

This is for those customers who do not have an external defect tracking system like RTC or CQ.

2) Are Firefox limitations known for RQM? Are they documented so I can take a look?
Basically, I had problems configuring RTC-RQM integration with Firefox. The workaround was to use IE.
Also, when trying to raise an execution defect when running a Test Case....
Basically it seems like the popup windows needed to ask user login do not appear so the related processes never finish (ie: fetching project areas / creating workitem, depending the case).
I've checked and the "block popup windows" property on the browser is DISABLEd.
Any ideas?

Are you having problems for all use cases or any specific cases? The good news is that we are working on in 2.0 to reduce the cross server communication issues and improve the usability.

Thanks in advance,
Claudia

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.