It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to assign unassigned value for the Planned for attribute when the work item is rejected

Surender Biyyala (403848) | asked May 06 '14, 4:53 a.m.
 Hi All,

The following is my requirement

I want the Planned For attribute should be set to Unassigned when a work item is rejected.

Can we implement this in process template or do we need to have a follow-up action for this?

Thanks
Surender

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 06 '14, 5:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Surender,

as this is a dynamic thing a followup action would be my choice. You might be able to do this with JavaScript as well, but I am not sure.

Comments
Surender Biyyala commented May 06 '14, 5:28 a.m.

Thanks for the Quick reply Ralph,

Even I thought of going for the Follow-up action but I read in some blog that Follow up actions will not work for web UI.

Can you please clear me on this thing.

Thanks
Surender 

Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '14, 5:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Surender, the save work item operation runs on the server, so it would run in the web UI. The caveat is, that it needs to be configured and it is so easy to mess up the configuration e.g. by configuring operational behavior for another role.

Another option would be an advisor that prevents saving if the value is not unassigned. Same caveat however.

Another opetion would be to use a small Plain Java Client tool, that queries for the work items that violate the rule and then sets the value accordingly. This could be run over night e.g. in a build. Caveat is the change does not happen immediately.

I think these are your options.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.