It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TSER Defects - carryover from prior runs

Dana Watts (141617) | asked Apr 28 '14, 4:32 p.m.
edited Apr 28 '14, 6:09 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
We are creating TSERs for each of our Test Suites.  During execution, the tester is linking defects to the TSER during the run.  However, if the tester has to run the TSER multiple times (by going to Execution->Test Suites->check box next to Test Suite->click Run button), it appears that the defects are not cumulative on the TSER but instead, from a management POV, we need to review each run of the TSER to see all of the related defects.

Are we running the Test Suites incorrectly or is there a way to show the cumulative list of defects per TSER in RQM - preferably including the defect's current status?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 29 '14, 12:53 a.m.
I don't think you run TSER incorrectly. If you go to a specific TSER and [previous run details], you should be able to see all defects listed(defect column can be added from settings if it is not there). From there, all defects in each run will be shown. If you hover over the defects and click show more in the popup dialog, you can see the defect current status(in progress or fixed etc). See the below screenshot from v4.0.6.

If this is not what you are after, please provide more details on what you expect and from where.

Comments
Dana Watts commented Apr 29 '14, 8:40 p.m.

In your example above, for the TSER, it looks like there are a total of 5 unique defects.  Is there any way to see in one place all five of those defects linked to the TSER rather than going into the previous runs and having to manually add them up?

Also, if you add a defect to a run and then go in and rerun it, how does the tester know that a defect was pre-existing on that TSER?

Don Yang commented Apr 29 '14, 9:11 p.m.

I don't understand what you mean "having to manually add them up". Maybe is that my comments "you should be able to see all defects listed(defect column can be added from settings if it is not there)." confused you. What I mean is to add "defect" column to the display as it is not shown by default(see the below screenshot). you don't need to manually do anything. In your question "During execution, the tester is linking defects to the TSER during the run.", so there are various defects added during TSER running and you can see all of them there, I dont find any other way to show all related defects for one TSER:

When you go to TSER view to select a TSER for execution, you will see the defects created in the latest run(defect column can be added if it is not there):

Dana Watts commented Apr 29 '14, 9:28 p.m.

I think you've answered my question which is that the TSER only shows the latest linked defects.

So in your example, on the previous runs, there are defects 135 and 133 which do not show up in the TSER results but are still linked to that TSER and open.  I'm just trying to see all of the defects ever linked to the TSER.

Don Yang commented Apr 29 '14, 10:17 p.m.

Ok. now I know what you mean cumulative defects list. I don't think you will be able to see the old defects such as 135 and 133 in my example in TSER view. The closest one I can find is one click into the specific TSER and view them in the previous run section.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.