It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does IBM Installation Manager 1.6.2 fail with unexpected error in startup resynchronization on Windows 7?

Sally Gehring (1111) | asked Apr 03 '14, 4:27 p.m.
I have a new machine that I am trying to install RTC 4.0.2 and getting the following errors (using 64 bit install):

Unexpected error in startup resynchronization.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed package com.ibm.team.teamconcert.client 2.0.2001.I20101022-0249.

com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ProfileInstallRegistry.getInstalledOfferings(InstallRegistry.java:1336)
  com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Profile.getInstalledOfferings(Profile.java:1271)
  com.ibm.ws.resync.internal.ResyncUtil.hasImportedOfferings(ResyncUtil.java:29)
  com.ibm.ws.resync.internal.ui.StartupExtender.run(StartupExtender.java:77)
  com.ibm.cic.agent.core.StartupManager.runStartups(StartupManager.java:58)
  com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor.runStartup(AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor.java:240)
  com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor.access$3(AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor.java:239)
  com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor$2.run(AgentUIWorkbenchAdvisor.java:253)
  com.ibm.cic.common.ui.internal.dialogs.SocketMonitorRunnableWithProgress$3.run(SocketMonitorRunnableWithProgress.java:234)
  org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

I have deleted all files and tried the re-install a couple of times.  IBM Installation Manager fails.  My previous machine ran with Windows XP.  It used 32-bit.  Please help.  Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Abraham Sweiss (2.4k1331) | answered Apr 04 '14, 4:01 p.m.
try downloading the 4.0.6 web installer and let us know if the problem persists.  This has the latest version of IM.  The other option would be to go to the all download section for 4.0.6 and pull down the IM and install.  Then download the repository for the version of RTC you need and and add it to Im and then install.

permanent link
Sally Gehring (1111) | answered May 09 '14, 8:28 p.m.
I am still having the same problem after installing this version:

IBM Installation Manager
Version: 1.7.2
Internal version: 1.7.2000.20140227_0303
Architecture: 64-bit

What do I need to do next?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 12 '14, 3:26 a.m.

The error message indicates that you have a copy of com.ibm.team.teamconcert.client 2.0.2001.I20101022-0249 installed. What is the result if you show the "installed packages"?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.