It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM command to find userid of user who contributed this changeset. help

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Apr 02 '14, 5:52 p.m.
edited Feb 15 '15, 9:11 a.m.
 we have an integration to a static analysis tool. it runs and reports potential issue with the code that the developer should correct. 

we need to update the database record for that user with the info we discovered, but the info in the changset is the user NAME, and the info in our database is the user ID.  (which in our case is the same as the email address)

is there a way to get scm/lscm to give us either the users email address or the users userid instead of their name?
we have the filename 

we are using the 
lscm history repo userid password -m 1 filename 
command

and getting 
Change sets:
  (1374) ---$ Sam Detweiler "Fixed form class to not refer to form rows twice." 01-Apr-2014 11:57 AM
There is additional history available before this point.

we need to get  'sam.detweiler@xx.com' instead of 'Sam Detweiler' 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Apr 02 '14, 11:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sam,
There isn't a way to list the userid and none of the commands can be configured to return the userid along with the name. There is a command to list the users with no userid's and set the user id's. The list users command could be extended to list existing userid's (workitem 301236).
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 02 '14, 11:51 p.m.

thanks.. thats what I suspected.. scm list users demands the --noUserids parm..
we've used that in our cross server stream transfers.  looks like another utility in the meantime

wish I had had time to work on my rtc ant tasks..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.