It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does Count work in the Work Item Statistic Widget?

Ginny Ghezzo (33311117) | asked Apr 02 '14, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've been using the "Work Item Statistic" widget with a presentation of Table to count the occurrences of a particular field value.   (all good so far)
However, I noticed that my counts are particularly low and, even worse, do not match the actual count.    And by actual count I mean the query results that appear if I select on a particular row in the table.   Originally I thought it was the widget shows a "is" relationship and the query (and count I want) shows a "contains" relationship (or strips spaces).  However, I am seeing more odd results then that.   

Questions:
1) How is the widget suppose to handle counts?    
2) Is there a way to customize or extend this widget to count the way I want?  
3) Has anyone ever seen this behavior?

Thanks,
Ginny
(note: If you are internal IBM I can share the use case.)

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Apr 02 '14, 3:44 p.m.
edited Apr 02 '14, 3:53 p.m.
 is there a particular perspective type you are using? I see matching values.  using 4.0.4

I don't see Count as a choice in 4.0.4

>2) Is there a way to customize or extend this widget to count the way I want?   
       that seems open  ended! and I'm not sure what that is. ;->

least as I see it, the query is the query, it brings back the total set matching the criteria in the query.
then the perspective shows that total using that data element as the focus. (open workitems in this iteration) as viewed by those who created them. (Created by)

Comments
Ginny Ghezzo commented Apr 07 '14, 9:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam,
I do not know what perspective type is.  I am using a presentation of Table, which gives me the Parameter and a Count of how many work items have a value of that parameter.  

As for "customize or extend" the widget.  I have a theory that there is some issue with spaces and this widget uses an "is" condition, where I want a "contains".  
Here is a screen shot that shows "PI13452" twice in the table, once with a count of 3 and once with a count of 2.   The oddest part is that when I select the first instance and run that query it brings all 5 up.

sam detweiler commented Apr 07 '14, 9:27 a.m. | edited Apr 07 '14, 9:33 a.m.

On perspective, I missed your  first post word 'Table' 

your example really shows it, thanks.. I agree its probably a space 

if you select the last one, do you also get 5 workitems?

Ginny Ghezzo commented Apr 08 '14, 1:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sam, The second "PI13452" only brings up 2 work items.  

sam detweiler commented Apr 08 '14, 2:41 p.m.

well, that is interesting..

I was reviewing the code yesterday and got sidetracked.  don't know if I will be able to get back to it today.  seems to me from what I viewed, the code that groups them is on the server.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.