It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.5 uDeploy V6.0.1 : Build Engine ERROR: peer not authenticated

Joseph Chang (1552319) | asked Mar 31 '14, 11:47 p.m.
I use RTC 4.5 and uDeploy V6.0.1.  I try to push the build artifacts of RTC to uDeploy component. 
I have configured the Post-build Deploy setting in the RTC build definition. The test connection returns successful message.
However, when I request the build . I got the error message in the build log:
Build Engine ERROR: peer not authenticated
Can any one help me to solve the problem?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Scott Cowan (966310) | answered Apr 01 '14, 9:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Joseph,

The error in your second post,
           java.lang.Exception: Request error:500
is a backward compatibility issue identified here, https://jazz.net/library/article/1395.  The workaround at the time was to avoid using pattern matching.  The best solution available now though is to upgrade UCD as you have done.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Scott
Joseph Chang selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Apr 01 '14, 2:24 a.m.
 I found that the "peer not authenticated" only happens if the RTC build agent is not running on the same machine as uDeploy Server. 
However when I run the build on the same of uDeploy Server, I got another error message:
Build Engine ERROR: java.lang.Exception: Request error:500

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Apr 01 '14, 4:36 a.m.
 After upgrade to 6.0.1.4,  both of the above issue are gone.  The build output is store in uDeploy Component now.

Comments
Joseph Chang commented Apr 07 '14, 10:50 p.m.

I  install a whole new instance of udeploy server with v6.0.1.4 ifix 01.  Everything else works fine except
the "peer not authenticated"  error come back. 

Joseph Chang commented Apr 07 '14, 11:18 p.m. | edited Apr 07 '14, 11:55 p.m.

Please ignore my previous comment. It causes by my build engine to udeploy Server network issue.

Scott Cowan commented Apr 08 '14, 2:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Joseph,

Are you still having issues?  If so, could you please try a few things to help debug this?

1. Open up a defect describing your problem, here.
2. Add this property to your build definition, set the value to true, and run another build.  Then attach the build log to the work item.
    team.udeploy.debug=true
3. What version of the Build System Toolkit are you using?
4. Does the Test Connection button work in the Post-build Deploy tab of your build definition?

Scott

Joseph Chang commented Apr 15 '14, 10:28 a.m.

I did still get "peer not authenticated" frequently when build on remote Windows XP server.   I submit 10 requests, 6 of them success and 4 fails with "peer not authenticated" when push the build artifact to uDeploy server.

For the successful case, the build time is 56 minutes for 77M bytes artifact. If the build engine locate at the same OS of udeploy, it takes only 16 seconds.

Joseph Chang commented Apr 15 '14, 10:30 a.m.

Finally, I found the slow build time was caused by the invalid domain name server on the remote build server. After fixing the DNS setting, the build time reduce from 56 mins to 22 secs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.