It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error occurs when initializing project areas

Tim De Becker (1036) | asked Mar 31 '14, 10:30 a.m.
 Hello,

I'm working with RTC 4.0.5 and it is not possible to create project areas because of an initialization error.

Bad Request
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.ProcessAuthoringCopyProcessDescriptionService.run(ProcessAuthoringCopyProcessDescriptionService.java:124)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.invoke(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:361)
org.eclipse.soda.sat.core.internal.record.ExportProxyServiceRecord.access$0(ExportProxyServiceRecord.java:347)
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1002)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:585)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:906)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:929)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:738)
Caused by:
Bad Request (com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.common.utils.ServiceException)
com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.AbstractProcessAuthoringJfsClient.checkHttpResponse(AbstractProcessAuthoringJfsClient.java:737)
com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.AbstractProcessAuthoringJfsClient.createContent(AbstractProcessAuthoringJfsClient.java:385)
com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.TemplateProcessDescriptionHelper.copyContent(TemplateProcessDescriptionHelper.java:465)
com.ibm.team.process.internal.authoring.service.utils.TemplateProcessDescriptionHelper.copyProcessDescription(TemplateProcessDescriptionHelper.java:351)
... 103 more.

The project is then create in an "uninitialized" state and when I try to use the Eclipse client to initialize it I receive the following error: "Bad Request"

I'm running out of ideas, any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Comments
Piotr Aniola commented Mar 31 '14, 10:47 a.m.

Are you using a standard process template or a custom one?
Are you able to create an initialize a project based on the standard scrum process template?

Tim De Becker commented Mar 31 '14, 10:50 a.m.

Hi Piotr, 

I have the issue with custom process template and standard ones including the scrum process template. 

Tim De Becker commented Mar 31 '14, 10:53 a.m. | edited Mar 31 '14, 10:53 a.m.

I was finally able to initialize a project area using the "Unconfigured process" but this is not what i want...

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 31 '14, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is this a new install or an upgrade?
If you go to the diagnostics for JTS and RTC, do you see any issues? Did the registration process succeed?

Tim De Becker commented Mar 31 '14, 1:40 p.m.

It is a new install.

I don't see any issue in the diagnostic pages and we had no problem in the registration process.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.